The Jump

So yeah, I'm really trying to get this story and its point out there so that it can make a difference in someones' lives, so please vote, like, and tell others about it to help me get this story out there! Second, this is another one of my more intense stories like The Prom (which I encourage you to read if you haven't yet). So just to let you know. -Casey (casadilla17)

Jonathon was ready to die. He was standing there halfway out of the window of his family's fifth-floor apartment preparing to jump. He was only sixteen years old, but he felt like he had nothing left to live for. He felt like nobody cared about him.

There he was, hanging out of a window five stories above the street below, the wind blowing through his hair, his life seconds and inches away from its end. His only regret for doing this was that it showed how weak he was. He couldn't make it through life. He had failed at life.

He looked up at the stars in the clear night sky. They were beautiful. They brought light to the otherwise dark night. But there was no light in Jonathon's cold, dark life.

At least, that's what it felt like to him. He took one last look at the world around him- the stars; the buildings across the street; the street far below. He closed his eyes. The sound of the busy street below and the feel of the cold autumn breeze hit him again.

"Here it goes." he thought to himself. Three. Two. One.

Then, he jumped. Time seemed to slow. It was as if he was floating in the cold night air for a moment. The sounds, the wind, his fall, it all seemed to freeze.

Suddenly, he felt something grab his hand. He then felt himself being pulled back through the window that he had just jumped out of. A feeling of fear shot through him. Had his parents come home just in time?

Had his parents stopped him? He flew right back into the window, hit the ground, and rolled to a stop. He just lay there. He didn't dare look up and see who had stopped him.

It had to have been his parents. Who else could it have been? Suddenly, he heard a voice calling his name. It wasn't his parents.

He looked up. A bright white light shone through the open window. Someone was standing there at the window. The figure began to close the window.

As they closed the window and locked it, they called out Jonathon's name again. "What? Who are you? Why did you stop me?" Jonathon asked. Suddenly, the person slowly, calmly turned around to face Jonathon.

"Jonathon, oh, Jonathon." the person said again. It was a girl's voice. There was something about her voice, perhaps its beauty, that sent chills down Jonathon's spine.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?" Jonathon asked. Just then, the light shining through the window grew even brighter, and the stranger's face was revealed. She was beautiful. So beautiful that her beauty was beyond the description of mere words. She was so beautiful that Jonathon couldn't look at her.

Seconds earlier, he had tried to commit suicide. Then, he had been saved by a girl so beautiful that, for some reason, he couldn't look at her face. "Who are you?" Jonathon asked, looking down at the ground.

"Look at me, Jonathon." the girl said. Jonathon slowly lifted his eyes from the ground and looked at the girl again. Her eyes shone as if the light was on in the room, even though the room did not have a single light on in it. They were a bright blue like water in an ocean.

Her hair was as dark as the night sky. It flowed like a beautiful river. Her voice was like the most beautiful lullaby in history. Every word she spoke made Jonathon's heart skip a beat.

"You're wondering how I got in here, right?" the girl asked.

"Yes." Jonathon answered. Now, instead of not being able to look at her, he couldn't look away from her. Her eyes were like magnets, keeping Jonathon's eyes stuck on her eyes.