Guessing Game

"Bye y'all!" Raelyn yelled as me and her were walking to her truck. She unlocked the driver's side then pressed a button to unlock the passenger's side. I pulled open the door then jumped in. Then I proceeded to slam the door shut.

    "Hey, hey, hey, be careful with my brand new baby!" Rae said.

    "Sorry." I laughed, Rae put the key in ignition and started the truck.

    "Hey, wanna stay at my house tonight?"

    "Yeah! I don't want today go end yet." Even though 2 bad things happened, it was still the most fun I'd had in a while.

    "Aight cool."

     We stopped at a Papa Murphy's to get a pizza we could cook at Rae's. I picked a pineapple pizza and Raelyn picked a pepperoni one. We paid then got back in her truck. Once we got back to her house, we pre-heated the oven for 15 minutes. For those 15 minutes we were building a fort in her huge basement, I hadn't built one in so long. While we were finishing the final touches, we heard a beep from the oven. We ran upstairs and put the pizzas in her oven. In the 30 minutes the pizza had to stay in the oven, Rae was finding me pajamas and pillows to use because we hadn't stopped by my house. We also took showers. I was blow-drying my hair when Rae came in the bathroom saying that the pizza was ready. I unplugged the hair dryer immediately and ran downstairs with her. We took both of the pizzas downstairs to eat. Except her little brother, Devon, took 2 slices of each of our pizzas.

    "Oh my God this pizza is so good!" I moaned.

    "I know, Papa Murphy's always has the best pizza." Rae said, I took the remote and started playing The Office, "Bro you know I hate this show!"

    "If you actually give it a chance you'll love it, I used to hate it too!"

    "Fine, whatever." She sassed playfully.

——

    "Hey, Miah, wake up, I don't wanna be awake and bored."

    "No, let me sleep." I groaned.

    "Yes wake up please!" Raelyn was shaking me, she dragged out please.

    "Fine, is there breakfast?"

    "Yes, my mom make sausage, pancakes, and cinnamon rolls."

    "Oh that sounds good, alright, I'm up." I followed Rae upstairs.

    Right as I was finishing my second pancake, sausage sandwich, my phone dinged. I picked it up and read then text.

    meet me @ the mall in 20 pls. i need 2 talk 2 u

    who is this

just b @ the mall in 20

    "Hey, Rae, this number is texting me telling me to be at the mall in 20, can you like, come with me just in case it's like a serial killer?"

    "Hell yeah." We both went up to her room to get dressed, I decided to just borrow clothes from her.

     We got out of Rae's truck and basically ran into the mall, it was cold already in Montreal. I looked at my phone to see what time it is and saw that I had a new text. It read:

Café

"Rae, look." I showed her my phone, "What the hell does that mean?"

    "Oh! This is like a guessing game, I love guessing games, I bet, the person wants to meet us at the Café!"

    "If you say so."

     Guess we're going to the Café. Just as we got there, my phone dinged again. I showed Rae it,

47

    "Table 47." We both started searching for it, and of course, it was in a corner where nobody ever looked.

    "This is sketchy as hell."

     We had been waiting for 20 minutes now and we finished out coffee's just now.

    "Maybe because he saw I was with you he wasn't gonna try to do anything."

    "Maybe." Just as I said that I looked over Raelyn's shoulder and saw him. We made eye contact and he smiled. "We have to go." I stuttered to her.

    "What're you talking about?"

    "Just get up, I don't want to see this person anymore."

    "Miah!" I looked back at him and realized he had saw I was trying to leave and picked up his pace into a jog. Rae realized I was looking behind her and she turned around.

    "That's the guy from yesterday."

    "Yeah, and we have to go, please."

    "Okay, lets leave then."