"Don't...I just wanted to have a piss, ok?"

"Ok..."

Axls hand is still at his neck and Slash shifts from foot to foot slightly, wanting to just go, but not wanting at the same time. His fingers are jerking as his hand comes up to Axls waist. A step backwards, separating them, a step near to him again and finally Axls hand it at his shoulder to fix him in place.

A few more seconds in which they don't move- then they both lean in slightly, Axls head tilting as he lays his chin to Slashs shoulder and they share a loose, hesitant embrace.

Slash turns his head slightly, his lips brushing against Axls cheekbone. He knows what's coming, knows what they are both waiting for, but Slash whispers a soft, "No...", anyway when Axl turns his head as well and they are breathing against each others lips. "No..."; Axl agrees, but they don't move.

They start brushing their bottom lips together, eyes halfway closed, just touching in the slightest, never a real kiss, but both of them wanting. Just staying in control with a lot of will strength.

"C-come...come home with...me...tonight...", Slash whispers, having said it before really noticing.

He can read it all from Axls face: The <i> I can't </i>, the <i> I shouldn't </i>, the <i> Judy is waiting for me </i> . But Axl just nods. Nods without really wanting to, nods against his inner voice telling him that it's cheating, that he's going to betray his girlfriend- for real this time as he is sure when he agrees there's no going back.

When they finally separate, walking back into the living room and beside Izzy, Slash catches himself checking the watch. Izzy sees it. Izzy also watches the still unlit cigarette in between his trembling fingers, but as always he says nothing.

The way through the front- yard is awkward- silent, long, darkened with the certainty that Judy is going to worry, that she's going to be angry, sad and the worst is that she will be right.

But they walk down the stairs to Slashs room, the door closing behind them and they look at each other, being flooded with all those memories from those few nights they have shared.

Axl looks inside of the terrarium, then to the bed, hands buried inside of his pockets, gaze lowered as he sits down on it.

It's so different.

So different from those times when their worst problem had been nervousness.

"Can I...can I have...a kiss?", Slash asks when he sits down beside him.

"Yes...", Axl breaths before leaning in slowly, giving a small, feathery kiss to Slashs full bottom lip, then leans back again.

"I...I think...I...missed...you..."

"I...know...", Axl looks away, blushed, looking worried, "...you said all those mean things..."

It was barely audible, more or less whispered to himself.

"I...yes...I did..."

"You said I sound horrible...you said I'm a bad singer...you..."

"I know. I know...I just..."

"You know, Judy tells me she loves my voice, she encourages me..."

Slash grimaces, biting his lips, staring into the corner of the room while starting to fumble with the bracelets on his wrists. "Why are you comparing us...?"

"But..."

"What, Axl?! Tell me everything. Tell me how awesome she is."

Axl's whole body is tensed, his head lowered. "Are you...jealous...?"