Some Unexpected Interruptions

I woke up to the sound of Max calmly breathing in his sleep. His arms were still around me it seems like we didn't even move an inch all night like we were frozen in that moment in time. I slowly lifted my arm as it moved up through the small gap between is body and mine and rubbed my eyes. It feels like I slept for ages, this was the best sleep I've gotten in years. I moved my head up to look at Max's sleeping face, his lips partly open and his eye lids moving slightly from his eyes behind them moving back and forth as he sleeps and dreams. I wonder what he is dreaming about. I thought about all the recent events and before I knew it Max said "good morning" and I opened my eyes to see him awake smiling softly at me, I smiled back.

             He got out of the bathroom with wet hair fully clothed, he violently ran his hand through his damp hair and went to his desk and pulled out a binder and opened it and flipped through the laminated pages and said " no appointments today" and he turned to me and said "we can spend the day together if you want" I nodded my head and gave a thumbs up to him and smiled softly as I grabbed my note pad and the pen and wrote 'what do you mean "no appointments'?". He closed the binder and said "I work with my dad in his tattoo shop and I write down any future ones so i don't forget" I tilted my head back to show that I'm trying to say "ohhhh I get it, Cool" He laughs a little and says "how about be start our already wonderful day with some breakfast, I make some killer pancakes" as he playfully smirks to prove it. I ran out of his room and run down the stairs as fast as my legs can go down his spiral staircase to the kitchen and sit on the island waiting for him to come down.

        I take a bite of Max's 'killer' pancake and my eyes go wide as I look at him showing him that I love them and that they are delicious. He takes a bite of his pancakes in his plate and laughs with his mouth closed as he covers it with his hand,  he swallowed his food and took a sip if his glass of milk and said " I told you I make killer pancakes". In a matter of minutes we ate them all, I pat my stomach to show that I'm full and Max replied "same here" as he pats his stomach. There was a knock on the door and he says "don't move I'll get it" as he jogs to the big front door and opens it enough to stick his head out to talk. I lean to the side to see if I can see anyone but I just see the top of a head which has dark straight hair. I hear a woman's voice but they are talking low and i just hear Max say " Haley this is not the time, come back later....no you cant come in I have company" the woman who is named Haley goes on her tip toes to look over Max's shoulder and her brown eyes lock with mine and she screams "you have another girl over!" and Max calmly says with a tint on anger in his voice "ya I do, why should it matter to you I'm not with you anymore I can have who ever I want, when ever I want, for as long as I want over." she grunts and pushes Max and charges in the house towards me. Max yells "wait Haley, Blake go upstairs quick!" I pretty much fall off the island stool and dash for the stairs as I'm running up the stairs I can feel Haley's fingers just miss my hair to grab it and I continue to run up the stairs into Max's room and into his washroom and I lock the door and lay down on the floor as I try to catch my breath and process what just happened. I can hear Max and Haley arguing and I hear the front door slap and hear max yell a swear word and a sigh.

         I hear Max coming up the stairs, into his room and right in front of the washroom door. He knocks on the door softly and say "Blake are you ok? wanna let me in I will tell you what her problem is" I crawl to the door and unlock it and scoot back so the door doesn't hit me and Max gently opens the door and goes down on his knees in front of me to look at me and he puts his hand on my cheek and says softly"Just forget about her, she is my ex and she can be very jealous and be over protective and she over analyzes things. Did she hurt you?" I shake my head and pull my knees up to my face and wraps my arms around my legs and Max says "Blake are you ok?" as he hugs my curled up body and kisses the top of my head. I loosen my grip on my legs and I wrap my arms around him.