Save Me | Chapter 1

Alec's P.O.V

Trying to inhale the needed oxygen burned my lungs, the tears burned as they ran down the side of my cheeks. Sweat beaded on the brow as every last bit of energy was used to get away from the dark shadow of a man that threatened to engulf me.

Piercing pain in my abdomen grew as the beast drew back, and a glistening knife shown in the dark night until he plunged it into the soft flesh of my abdomen.

No sound escaped into the dark. Not a scream. Not even a moan of agony.

Before the pain could rip me from this misery, the shadowed loomed over and bellowed, "I warned you."

***

The darkness that was once entangling my limbs changed to the tattered blue bed sheets; I'm all too familiar with. Sweat dripped from my body as it ran down my pale face, breathing too quick of breaths as I tried to slow my breathing. It was the same panic I felt every morning, and it was the same dream that causes this panic within every day.

Deciding to get up from the bed, finally, I shrugged my way into the small bathroom to take a cold shower to cool off my inflamed skin. Stripping my clothes from my still sweating body, I embraced the cold of the shower, although my body shivered from the cold it was welcomed. Finishing, I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out. Glancing at the mirror quickly before looking away from the face, I no longer recognized, the scars permanently left on my skin were not mine anymore. Searching for the clothes with the least damage to them, I put on tattered jeans and an oversized sweatshirt to cover the pale skin that threatened to peak out. Heading down the stairs, avoiding the monster from my dreams, I quickly pulled on the shoes that had holes in the toes.

The walk to school, although long, was not unwelcomed as it allowed for some much needed fresh air that I could never breathe enough of. Finally, reaching the school, I was confronted with the usual groups of people, an hour before school even starts the only people on campus and the overachievers and the outcasts. After retrieving the books I needed for class from my locker, I headed to my first period, knowing no one would be there. I laid my head on my desk, wishing I could gain back some of the sleep that I never seemed to get enough of. The teachers were all aware that I slept in their classes, and they did not care, as they only paid attention to the students that had wealthy parents.

As I tried to sleep, the class slowly started to funnel in as it got closer to the starting time. The class grew louder and louder, along with the paralyzing headache forming at the base of my head. Finally, the bell rang for class to begin, quieting the students as they settled in their seats. As the teacher stood in front with a plastic smile plastered, he began class. I drowned out the unnecessary conversations until I heard the name I dreaded.

"Alec? There you are," I raised my head slowly, fighting nausea that ran through me from the pounding in my head, "go take the empty seat by him, please." The teacher said, looking at the unfamiliar student standing tall by her.

The very tall man glided to the seat next to me with ease, I racked my brain for who he was, and I couldn't place him. Although I wasn't popular, everyone in school regretfully knew me, and I was forced to having to know who to avoid. This person was none of those people, meaning he must be new. Him being late didn't stop from adding his face to the list of people to avoid, already expecting painful meetings with him to come. I looked him over, and although he was on the list, there was no fooling myself; he was incredibly attractive.

This new student was no boy, and he was all man. Dark brown hair hung in loose waves framing his dark forest green eyes that shifted as he walked under the florescent lights to light green. While most guys were taller than my short height, standing, he would have easily been close to a foot taller than my five foot six stature. But he part that had me freeze in my seat was his smile. He gave a quick smile towards me as he took his seat that was now way too close to me it seemed, I forced myself to look away as I felt the heat rise up the sides of my cheeks.

The class continued as the pounding in my head got even more unbearable. There were no further interactions with the new student as my head plopped back down in the crossed arms before me. The day continued this way until lunch. By this time, the headache was worse than just a pounding, and my vision narrowed, making it challenging to focus on the people moving around me. Every inch of my body was aching and was shaking under the baggy clothes that hid my figure. Entering the cafeteria, the usual small attacked every sense in my body. Abandoning the idea of possibly putting food into my system, I ran to the toilets that were left relatively unused during this hour. Locking the latch on the cramped stall, my stomach betrayed me as it purged the contents of itself, but there was nothing left but bile. Taking a deep breath, leaning against on the tiles wall of the toilet, I held my still pounding head in my shaking hands.

In the midst of trying to come back to any of my senses, the entrance of the toilets opened and closed, signaling that another person entered. I could hear the man relieving himself only a few feet away from my weak body. The contents of my stomach continue to defy me again as I lurch over the yellow-stained porcelain.

The door of the stall shook lightly as whoever it entered the bathroom stood outside my locked stall. I prayed for whoever it was to go away and forget that there was ever a person here.

A deep baritone voice echoed through the small bathroom, "Are you okay in there?" although the voice sounded concerned, I convinced myself it had to be a lie as no one could ever be concerned about my well being anymore. 

_________________________________________________

Hello! Thank you all for continuing to read this story I started many years ago. I am going back and making this story even better than it was before! Please bare with me as I go back and rewrite this warm masterpiece!