"Ah. No. No. Thanks."

As he hurries to his room, he finds Axl being awake, laying on his belly and watching the terrarium. He looks up as Slash enters. "Hey."

"Hi..." Slash leans against the door with his back, breathing heavily.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah...I am...god, I think she knows..."

"What?"

"Ya' kidding?!", he sits on the bed next to Axl, "about our...ya' know...about the...uhm..."

"It's ok, I understand." Axl turns his face away while speaking, suddenly very attracted by the desk as it seems.

"But whatever...she's gone now anyway."

"Is she yeah?" Axl still doesn't look at him

"Yeah..."

Uncomfortable silence seems to have become a proper act of communication between them, as they are both sure what it means and what will follow- but there's this thin line that has to be overcome every time, the little step into a direction far from the urgent knowledge that they shouldn't do what they were doing. The thrill of opportunities, of experimenting, of breaking unwritten rules.

For Slash it did never matter what was to be seen right or not. He had always acted like he wanted, cause' he never gave much on moral constructions. He didn't even feel like a rebel, it was all just about being and expressing himself, but he had to admit that it was thrilling, attracting to him that it wasn't quite usual, that they had to hide it and it made him feel awesome, cause' he cared so less.

Slash grabs for a cigarette, scratching his nose as he lights it and Axl finally faces him again, still laying on his belly. "Take that stupid cap off, dude..."

"What, why?"

He grabs for it, shoving it to the side a little. It's the new baseball cap he stole, pressing his mass of curls down so that they are sticking in every direction from under it, barely reaching his shoulders.

"Cause' we're inside..." Axl reaches out to grab it and throws it to the ground carelessly, then brushes some hair strands out of Slashs face with a short, almost harsh movement, blushing while doing so, then looks away again. It's enough for Slash to make him grin, cause' for Axl it's a clear invitation.

"Axl?", it's carefully whispered, but Axl jerks anyway, "will you look at me?"

Axl does, slowly turning around again, looking into Slashs eyes for just a second, then his gaze is darting from one corner of the room to the other, back to Slashs face, downwards. Looking nervous, like he always does when talking to strangers.

"Are you nervous?", Slash directly asks and Axl glares at him.

"No. Why should I?"

"Dunno'...brush through my hair again?"

Slash doesn't even know why he has the guts to simply ask, but the way Axl behaves shows him that he's interested in their little arrangement there as well, so maybe it should be comfortable by now to get near to each other.

It's not when Axl touches a hair strand, wide eyed, before burying all fingers into Slashs hair, not really moving, but just softly pressing to his head with his fingertips. Slash closes his eyes with his pulse speeding up, sighing, wordless, out of breath.

"Slash?"

"Hm?"

"You sure she's already gone?"

"Yes..."

"Cause' I have some pot. Wanna get high?"

Slash opens his eyes, looking at him while Axl removes his hand from his hair to fumble a thin joint from his pocket. He's grinning, having distracted from the obvious again, but Slash didn't care as he grabs the lighter and stands up.