|| Chapter 17 || Dragon Of Fire

(No one's P.O.V)

Link sighed, putting his hand on the handle of the boss door, looking back at (Y/n) to see if she was ready. She stood behind him, nodding her head as he smiled, looking forward and pushing the large boss door open. He walked in, looking around the place. The room was just like the last but much bigger and had a large, circle platform in the middle which was surround by lots of lava. The platform in the middle had many of little pools of lava around it as well, yet there was no dragon nor boss there at the moment. 

Link looked back to (y/n) as she walked to my side, looking around the room as well as he titled his head," how are you not hot right now?"

"Magic," she waved her hands in front of her sarcastically, walking forward without another word as Link shook his head, following after her. 

The two of them walked onto the platform, sticking close together as they keeping an eye out for Volvagia. Link walked around to the middle of the platform as he saw (Y/n) walk the other way towards the side. 

"Why can't bosses just sit here and wait instead of just coming out of no where!? Where is this thing anyways?" Navi complaint, flying around the hero's head multiple times like she always did.

"I know. I wish I could, for once, walk into a room and go right into a battle instead of wondering where the boss will jump out from," Link put his hand on his hip, shaking his head as he saw no boss, just like the last time.

(Y/n) walked over the the edge of the platform, looking over the edge to see that the lava was bubbling more than it usually did. She raised an eyebrow, titling her head a bit as she studied the bubbling lava, looking over her shoulder at Link then back at the lava," um...Guys..."

"At least this will be a dragon and not some kinda Ganondorf," Navi smiled as Link nodded, smiling a bit as well.

"Guys..."

"Well guess who just jinxed it all, again," Link shook his head as (Y/n) glared at them both, shaking her own head while whispering something amount the lines 'boys and fairies are deaf as hell' before looking back to the lava.

As she looked back, something shot out of the burning liquid, causing (y/n) to gasp and fall backwards. Link and Navi turned, gasping at the sight of the huge dragon shooting out of the lava in front of their friend," (Y/N)!"

(Y/n) stared at Volvagia as it came out of the lava, looking down at her, with fiery eyes. It growled opening its mouth as a fire like stream foamed around it while (Y/n)'s eyes going wide. Volvagia shot his fiery breath towards the girl, as it did so, Link jumped forward, pulling the female close to him as he held his shield in front of them both. 

The shield blocked the fire until the dragon boss stopped, flying around the room while leaving them to stand. Link helped (Y/n) up, looking to her with his eyes filled with worry," are you okay, (Y/n)?"

"Yeah, thanks," she smiled, dipping her head as Link smiled as well, nodding as he was happy she was safe.

"Guys! Don't forget about Volvagia!" Navi nagged as the two looked away from her then to the dragon.

Volvagia flew around a few times before diving into one of the lava pools and disappearing. Link and (Y/n) watched the pools of lava, waiting for the beast to exit one. It didn't take long for one to start bubbling and for Volvagia to shot out of it, looking to the two while growling. 

"This thing tried to kill us both so why don't we try to repay the favor?" (Y/n) suggested, crossing her arms with a smile as she looked to Link.

"Sounds fair," Link looked to her, smiling with a nod.

"I-I'll just stay over here so I...um...don't get in the way," Navi whispered, looking to the giant boss before quickly flying to the side of the area where it hopefully won't get her. Link and (Y/n) sighed, shaking there heads before going back to the fight.

(Y/n) stepped forward, drawing her sword as she spun it around in her hands," oi, I'm right here, big guy. Come and get me."

Volvagia growled, flying at her as she jumped out of the way, the dragon now heading towards Link who made no sign that he was going to move as he simply stood there narrow eyes while he held the megaton hammer in his hands tightly.

"LOOK OUT!" Navi cried, shaking a bit as she watched wide eyed. 

As Volvagia got closer, Link swung the hammer, hitting the dragon square in its face as it let out a cry, turning and flying off the other way and around the room. The two watched as it came back down, facing them both with a snarl.

"What's wrong? Don't like losing?" (Y/n) asked, walking to Link's side as Volvagia let out a loud roar.

"We'll take that as a 'yes'," Link smiled as Volvagia came at them both, spiting out fire once more as the two where quick to jump apart and out of the way. Volvagia looked back at them, realizing it did no damage as it hissed. When the dragon looked forward, its fire eyes went wide as it tried to fly backwards which, sadly for it, it couldn't, running into the rock wall with a load 'smack'. 

Volvagia slowly few, landing in the lava once more as it disappeared the same time as it sunk. Link walked to the edge, watching as it died as (Y/n) stood at his side, crossing her arms," well I guess that's that now, isn't it?"

Link smiled, looking to her and laughing," you where amazing, (y/n)!"

"I hardly did anything but jump out of the way. You where the one who was amazing, using that hammer against it and all," she laughed as well, smiling brightly.

"Y-You know, (Y/n), you should laugh a lot more. I missed you laughing all time, its r-really cute," Link titled his head, smiling.

(Y/n) stopped, laughing for a moment, looking up to him before smirking, punching his arm," is not. In my option, it just makes me look weaker." 

"Weaker? Laughing makes you look weaker?" Link asked as (Y/n) nodded.

"Makes me look more 'girly'."

"Laughing does not make you look 'girly'. I laugh all the time and just look how manly I am," Link pointed to himself, smiling proudly.

(Y/n) snorted, shaking her head and walking off," if by 'manly' you mean 'girly' then your right."

"I'm not girly!" Link blushed, following her as she nodded.

"Okay, says the guy wearing a skirt," she looking to him as his blush got darker.

"Its not a skirt, its a tunic!"

"Okay."

"It is!"

"Whatever, fairy-boy. Now that we killed the dragon, what do we do now?" (y/n) stopped, looking back to Link.

He huffed at the nickname 'fairy-boy', looking to the blue portal in the middle of the room and pointing to it," last time I went into a portal like that and it took me to the sage. We must have to do the same thing."

"You want me to go in the portal with you?" (Y/n) asked, crossing her arms and looking to the portal as the hero nodded.

"Yep~" (Y/n) stared at him for a moment before finally nodding.

"Lets just get this over with..." Link smiled, taking her hand and dragging her to the portal, Navi following after them quickly," hey, don't leave me!"

(Authors P.O.V)
After stepping inside the portal, the group where teleporting to the Temple of Sages where they meet the Sage of Fire who just happened to be Darunia, chief of the Goron's. He thanked them both for saving him along with all of the other Goron's by defeating the dragon, Volvagia. In return, he gave them a red medallion. Yay~

The two where happy to have two sages saved still, there were many more to save. So, the two headed off to their next destination, a place known as the water temple where hopefully, they'd find the Sage of Water (unless, you know, she decides to ditch and stuff...)