|| Chapter 15 || Winning

(Link's P.O.V)

        "This is going to suck if I lose," I pouted, looking to (Y/n) as we prepared for the race. She shrugged, running her hand over the strings of her harp as a sweet melody played.

        "Then don't lose."

        "So what horse should I use?" I asked, looking at all the many horses that filled the field. 

        "How should I know?" She opened her eyes, looking at all the horses as I thought for a moment, smiling when I knew the perfect one.

        "I know," I reached into my pocket, taking out the ocarina of time and showing it to (Y/n). She looked to it, then to me with a questionable look.

        "An ocarina? What are you going to do with that?" She asked as I looked at it.

        "There was this song I learned from Malon that a certain horse liked. The horses name is Epona. I bet I could race with her," I brought the ocarina to my lips, thinking of the notes carefully before blowing into the ocarina, playing the same melody Malon taught me awhile back. As I played, I heard (Y/n) play the same tone perfectly as if she had always known it. I opened my eyes, looking to her and smiling as she looked away, not wanting to meet my eyes.

        I stopped, finishing the song and taking the ocarina out of my mouth. I looked up, smiling to see a very familiar horse trotting over to us. I pushed myself off the fence, stepping forward," Epona."

        Epona stopped in front of me, staring at me for a moment with her head tilted a bit. It took her a second to figure out who I was, but after a few seconds, she seemed to get very happy, nuzzling me with her muzzle as I laughed, running a hand through her main," I missed you too, girl."

        (Y/n) put her harp away, watching the two of us," so this is Epona?"

        "Yeah~ She's gotten a lot bigger from the last time I saw her. Last time she was only a little colt, not one could even ride her then," I laughed as I petted Epona. (Y/n) nodded, looking away from us towards the barn.

        "Hey, who's that?" She pointed over towards the barn area as I looked away from Epona, following where she was pointing. It took less than a second to recognize who it was as I smiled brightly.

        "Malon!" I yelled, waving as (Y/n) looked to me then the red haired girl. She was walking outside of the barn,  a bucket in her hands as she looked pretty upset. She stared at the ground as she walked at the side of the barn, shaking her head slightly. However, when she heard my voice, she turned, titling her head for a moment before smiling, dropping the bucket and running over to us," fairy boy!"

        "Fairy boy...?" (Y/n) titled her head as I ran pass her, jumping over the fence and running over to Malon.        

        Malon jumped into my arms, almost knocking me over as she giggled, hugging me tight," fairy boy you came back. Look how tall you've gotten~!"

        I hugged her back, setting her down carefully and stepping back while rubbing the back of my neck as she contained," and your so handsome!"

        "Y-You've changed a lot too...you really b-b-beautiful," I looked at her, blushing. She too had gotten older like I have. Her red hair was longer as her face matured a lot. She was beautiful, it wasn't any lie.

        "Who's your friend?" Malon looked behind me as I turned, seeing (Y/n) standing on the other side of the fence by Epona, staring at us both.

        "Oh, that's (Y/n). She came with me to save Hyrule," I explained as Malon walked over to her, holding out a hand with a friendly smile.