Once again, silence settled over the pair, but it was a gentle silence, a listening silence. It wasn't until several minutes later that the silence was broken by Damon sliding to a quick stop. Ashley halted also watching an internal battle in Damon's cat-like eyes.

Suddenly, Damon focused, and once again, the words that left his mouth surprised her. "Can you hear that? The voices?"

Ashley listened and heard quiet footsteps on the other side of the field that was a twenty-thirty minute walk away at human speed. "No. I hear footsteps."

Damon shook his head. "It's not English, but I can understand it. I..." Damon's eyes went a little wide. "I think I'm going insane." It came out as a loud whisper.

Briefly, Ashley wondered when her mate was going to crash about finding out about her world so fast.

"What are the "voices" saying, Damon?"

"There looking for you."

"Which direction?"

"Ashley, I just think–"

"Which. Direction. Damon?"

Sighing, Damon pointed in the direction of where Ashley had heard the footsteps.

Ashley eyed Damon, was he a telepathic or were the vampyre's sending him images? But, if they were sending the human images, why were they? And why didn't they send them to Ashley?

As Ashley started in the direction, Damon's hand gripped her forearm. If she'd been human, she would have winced. Damon was actually very strong for a human.

"It was just inside my head."

"Then it will be harmless," Ashley replied.

Starting in the direction again, Ashley got Damon to release her then moved with the speed of an original.

"Damn it, Ashley." Damon's words made her smile. As she thought about Nick, she thought, welcome to my world.

Climbing a nearby tree for cover, Ashley saw a group of vampyre's. Suresha's vampyre's. But it wasn't that that currently concerned her, how were they able to stand the sun did.

Leaping from the tree, Ashley landed gracefully in front of the group who all sucked in a breath of shocked air. Listening, Ashley almost growled to hear Damon getting closer. Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, Ashley turned to the group.

"Why are you here and with whose permission?"

All the vampyre's froze for a moment, immediately sensing who and what she was.

Their were five of them. The eldest looked tired and worn, around the age of forty, but Ashley knew that they were all much older than that. His dark brown hair was messy, eyes an earth brown and he was several inches taller than Ashley. The eldest woman had an innocent look about her and she didn't appear that much younger than the male, her eyes were a gentle leaf green and her curly hair was a red-brown. Both held strong Asian features, and the other three in the group held some of the same characteristics, that told Ashley that they were the children. It was an entire blood-family turned vampyre.

One of the two young adult male twins had his fathers eyes and the other had his mothers. The father eyed twin had eyes of a hawk, he didn't miss anything, Ashley had heard him warn his family that she was there in the tree before she'd come down to greet them. The other male reminded Ashley of a bouncer that humans had outside there nightclubs.

Then their was the young female that looked to be around ten. Childlike, her eyes told a completely different story, they held knowledge of the world. Her hair had taken the red from the mothers and had forgotten the rest, her eyes were green, but they were more like emeralds. The girl was just under five-feet, which made her only inches smaller than Ashley.