| 18 | Rivals? Definitely

I leaned against the wall, chewing gently on the inside of my mouth as time was flying by like a gust of wind. "How long have we waiting for the idiot?" I felt the words tumble out my mouth. Yoichi chuckled at my 'joke.' "I'd like to know the same thing." Kimizuki hissed. "Maybe he overslept." Yoichi suggested. I didn't think these two would be here when I arrived but surprisingly they were. I had arrived here pretty early so I thought I'd have some alone time out here.

The Demon Army, their uniforms aren't all that bad though, I'll give the humans that. Actually they weren't much different from us vampire's uniforms. It was a long-sleeved black coat added with a standing collar which had two rows of gold buttons on the front, light green details including shoulder epaulettes. Along with that, I wore white-silk gloves and the standard black skirt, dark gray thigh-high socks and knee-high black boots. My cape covered up majority of my figure while lastly my necklace (Sebastian) draped around my neck loosely. "Out of all days he had to be late on this one?" Kimizuki growled.

"That's our idiot for you." I said, giving off a short small that he must've found appealing because he blushed and only smirked back. "Lieutenant Guren! I refuse to accept this!" a loud voice yelled out bringing my attention to a twin ponytail-haired girl down below. "Why have I been placed in a squad full of trainees!" she hollered out towards Guren, her hair swinging with her. "What's her problem?" I asked and placed a hand on my hip.

"Who the hell does she think she is? Does she not know we're literally right here?" Kimizuki growled. "N-N-Now let's not get hasty!" Yoichi said wearily. "I've been in the extermination unit since I was thirteen!" she yelled. She must be cocky. Or just plain annoying. Either way I don't think I'm going to like her very much. Yoichi looked behind me and widened his eyes, a smile spreading wide on his lips as he gasped in delight.

"Oh, Yuu!" he said, giggling. "About time, dumbass." Kimizuki sighed. I turned around and looked at the emerald eyed boy who walked alongside no other then Shinoa. " 'dumbass' yourself, loser." Yuu barked at him and hovered his eyes over me. He frowned and blushed red, his orbs meeting everything but my eyes. "Wow.." he muttered quietly. "Huh? What's wrong with you?" I asked sharply though his red cheeks never faded.

Shinoa giggled and waltzed behind me, pulling back my cape so that my clothed-body was revealed out to him. "Eh? Look Yuu! Doesn't she look cute too?" Shinoa swooned which only made Yuu blush harder. "Huh?" I said and looked at Shinoa in confusion. She only giggled and let go of me, humming and giving out a cheesy grin. W-What was that about? It seems that human has taken a liking in you. Liking? "A-Anyways, what's happening here." Yuu changed the subject and looked at the orange-haired girl still arguing with Guren.

"It'd be understandable if I were placed here to train them as a leader instead. But that midget, Hirragi Shinoa, with her stupid little smug smile is the squad leader!?" the girl protested. Guren looked bored of the conversation and looked to the side, his face lighting up when he saw Shinoa and the rest of us all. "Oh, you made it." he said and pushed his hair back. The girl looked and the furrowed her eyebrows. "Aha! Speak of the devil, Hirragi Shinoa!" she snarled.

Shinoa did indeed give out a smug smile and waved softly at her. "That's me! I know you've been waiting for me, Mitsu." she said sarcastically. "Damn!" the girl grumbled and skipped up the concrete steps towards Shinoa, her cape flying like a bird behind her. "Play nice, Shinoa." Guren 'reminded' her. "Mistuba's going to be in your squad--" Shinoa cut hi sentence off by teasing the girl. "No need to remind me, Lieutenant Guren! The whining of petulant children is but dust on the wind to adults like me." she teased.

The girl grunted and raised her hand up in the air, fire emerging before an oversized giant battle axe appeared in her hands. "You looking for a fight!?" she yelled. Shinoa giggled and pulled her rod out, swinging it coolly around before it also turned into a scythe. Me and the others watched awkwardly as they clashed their weapons repeatedly with each other without stopping. "S-So are they friends?" Yuu questioned. "Maybe just rivals." I said, a little interested in watching their fight.

Guren sighed and brought his sword out, going up to them and whipping his sword in one swing causing both of the girls weapons to fall from their grasp. He quickly put his sword up and grabbed them by their necks. Of course he was stronger then the both of them so it was no surprise that he was able to lift them from their feet. Impressive. "Keep being a pain in the ass, and I'll throw you both in solitary confinement." he warned.

"O-Oopsie." Shinoa stuttered out. The girls face softened and she frowned. "I'm sorry." she apologized.

"D-Definitely rivals." Yoichi agreed.

____________________

Authors Note: VOTING HAS STARTED AFOSIFHOSHJ! Okay I have joined the Anime Watty Awards 2016 by OriginalAnimeAwards and it's now the voting period. Please do me a huge favor and vote for me if you have no one to vote for. This is meaningful to me and appreciated. It would mean the freaking world to me. Please go their latest book and go to their Other/Crossover section then comment "Half-Breed" by-OtakuGeek