Prologue

"Yes...yes I'm okay...", Cassie answers. 

   "Ah.", Aiden says. "I never said this to any stranger but what's your name?" 

    Cassie pauses for a moment, she looks at his slick hair, curved in a way that leaves a questionable first impression on the stranger. 

     "I'm Cassie Rose...", she replies, slowly pulling out her iron axe. 

     "Ah, well I'm Aiden, I'm the leader of the notorious treasure hunters, called the Blaze Rods!", he inspiringly greets. 

     "Oh, what?" 

      Aiden sighs, "Never mind..." 

      Cassie puts down Winslow, still having her axe ready right behind her back. She walks closer towards the mysterious Aiden for a closer look. 

     "So...what was that thing you were on?", he suspiciously asks. 

      Cassie replies with a toneless, "Nothing...just some project that failed..." 

      Aiden looks down the deep pit; endermites swarming around the bottom floor, squealing for food to crave their eternity long hunger. 

      "And, what's with the endermites?", he curiously asks again. Cassie takes a step closer, 

      "...just something..." 

      He notices something on her face; a slight scar running through her face, that clolts rose red like her hair. 

       "I have a question for you, Aiden.", she asks. 

     Suddenly, she takes out her iron axe from her back and charges at the unknown traveller. With little time to spare, Aiden grabs the handle of her weapon, her grasp cripples off her axe, she is now under the tip of the knife. Cassie, puts her hands up and backs off steadily. He too traverses forwards. 

      "What did you try to do? Kill me!?", he shouts, threatening the blood haired killer in her own game. "ARE YOU A KILLER!?", he demands. 

      "No...please...", she whimpers. Winslow aids her comfort, giving futile threatening hisses to the axe-wielder. 

      "How many people have you killed!? 5? 10? 24!?", he screams out again. 

      Cassie finds herself on the wall, with nowhere to go, she stands rock solid. Aiden lifts the axe, with a goring yell he shouts at his already intimidated stranger. 

      "STOP IGNORING ME!!!" as he swings his axe. 

       "STOP! STOP!", she cries out, down on her knees. "...I...I..." 

       "'I' what?", he yells. 

       Cassie takes a deep breath to calm her inner fears, "You have to understand...I've been trapped in this world for years...but I just found the opportunity to escape..." 

       "By murdering people!?", he angrily interrupts. 

       "No!", she answers, covering up her plot against her friends. "I was about to be saved...from this world...until a group of wretched adventurers showed up and ruined everything!" 

       Aiden lowers his axe, he recalls something in his mind. 

      "Wait, does the group have a creepy bearded guy in green robes?", he asks. 

      "YES! YES! Even a person named Jesse that was the leader of the group!" 

       He frees his hand by dropping the axe from his hand and sticks his helping hand towards her. "Tell me what happened." 

       Within no time, Cassie reaches out for the stranger's still hand, accepting his request for assistance. 

       She dusts off her black boilers and begins to explain, "Now, I know what you were thinking; I'm a murderer..", she explains, walking towards the exit to the upper levels to her mansion. "Well, it was going to be an easy grab, but they were armed...and they were about to slice my face off!" 

      Aiden listens in, "Okay, who are the "they"? 

      Cassie pauses for a moment, she holds back her tongue as they cross to the first floor of her mansion. 

      "Is this your house? Wow...no wonder why you got attacked.", Aiden speculates, glancing over at the conspicuous interior decor of her mansion. Looking at the portraits of Cassie's former friends, from Sparklez to TorqueDawg. "Wait...", he mutters as he walks closer to the portrait. "Why is there a big red 'X' painted in the middle of it?" 

      Cassie walks up to the confused Aiden, "Oh...I didn't notice that...weird...", she lies. "C'mon, I'll tell you what happened.", she says. 

      Going into the library, Aiden follows Cassie into the battleground where two of her victims lost their lives due to spiders. The fireplace still continues its crackling and the morning sun shines through the paned windows like a river crashing down the rapids. Aiden takes a seat just across from Cassie, having a cold feeling behind his back. 

      Cassie closes the door behind him and takes a seat in front of her guest. "Now, you said 'who are they people', right?", she questions. "Well...they were a group...of thieves, they stole the world's valuable treasure; the enchanted flint and steel.", she misleads her unaware guest. "I invited them over to my mansion to get it back, but they were too good, they even attempted to kill me under the blade of their swords...never...never mess with them..." 

      Aiden shuffles his legs and changes his posture, while Cassie looks up, "What did they look like?", he questions. 

       Cassie leans forward, closer to Aiden, "Well...3 of them are armoured, with one pale bearded guy tailing them. One of them is a girl...that fights like me...she carries around some enchanted golden sword that hurts more than diamond sword", she compares a as she unravels her boilers, a dark bruise on her arm, deep and black from the fury of Petra. 

       "Ooooo...", he winces. 

       "Yeah...anyway there is another one, a blonde haired guy that has his hair in somewhat like yours...he seems to know how to build, I eavesdropped on their conversation with the leader of the group..." 

       "Wait...is he with some guy named Jesse that wears armour and claims he is from another world?", he interrupts, clarifying once again if she is not one of the escaped Ashborrugh Mental Institution patients. 

       "Yes...", she answers back. 

      Aiden glances above her head, his pupils begin to extend, "I knew it! They tried to steal the Eversource!", he too pampers with the story. 

      "Ever...what.?" 

      "Nevermind." 

       Cassie leans back and puts her hand on her cheek, tired from the night of fights and failure, "So...what brings you here?", she asks. 

      Aiden responds, muttering as he goes, "Well...uh...I'm from another...world...and...I uh...came to this portal after I escaped..." 

      "Escaped from who?", she asks. 

       Aiden pulls out a book from his inventory and hands it over to Cassie. The book has a faded brown face and several cuts and marks on its skin, she knows that she should've run towards the portal, making an escape, however, she doesn't, more interested in another person's story. She eagerly opens the first page of Aiden's journal...