The Curious Spencer

Start from the beginning

"Woah guys! Urmm sorry. Uhh hi! I'm Spencer."

The timid looking girl mumbled a small greeting as she looked up at Spencer with a small smile, fumbling with the edge of her dress that reached her mid thighs. Spencer noticed her coloured cheeks and concluded that it was the result of their awkward encounter.

The other girl standing beside the bed with a smirk on her face was visibly the total opposite to the girl who stood fumbling, now, with her fingers. Whist one had red streaks on their black hair, the other has brown chestnut hair cascading to her waist; even their clothes give a sense clear contrast the girl with red hair stood in jeans and a dark coloured top whilst the other was in a yellow dress.

Oh my god she has a lip piercing! I want one! Spencer exclaimed in silence whilst eyeing the girl in ripped jeans and before she could say something to end this uncomfortable silence, the girl with the yellow dress muttered something that vaguely sounded like,

"Igottago",

and slipped out of the room in a hurry. Spencer stood their for a moment waiting for the remaining girl to say or do something, anything, to decrease the awkward tension surrounding them.

"Hey, don't worry about Lisa. She's just-
Never mind. I'm Eden and I'm your room mate!"

Her upbeat and cheery voice soon eliminated any awkwardness and Spencer too started to smile; she decided that this was going to be her friend.

A cool friend.

"Look, I'm sorry but I gotta go see if Lisa is alright. You get to unpack in peace with out me pestering. But we will get to properly introduce ourselves later ok?"

Spencer didn't mind, even though she wanted to talk to her for a bit, but they fixed on having lunch together later. So Eden rushed out, composing a text to Lisa asking about where she was as Spencer began to unpack her stuff while putting on some music from her phone.

Dancing to her favourite track by Stevie Wonder, Superstition, she got through all the luggage and was soon laying out all her books needed for tomorrow's music class.

But at the bottom of the box was a few more books and getting a closer look, Spencer realised that these notebooks were identical to the one she found in the basement.

I forgot to leave them behind, Spencer remembered. But by then Spencer had grown inquisitive.

Curiosity eating at her mind, Spencer sat cross legged on her bed and opened the notebook with the earliest year on the cover.

Slowly she opened the cover, finding the lazy scrawl of her mothers name in the corner, like the one she had seen in the basement. However this one wasn't filled with little hearts, she remembered surrounding a particular name.

What was that name?

Spencer thought hard but couldn't remember the name and finally decided it must have been a name of an old pop star or actor, her mother was obsessed with.

Turning the next page she noticed the date in the corner which said, '9th October 1994'. Calculating in her head Spencer decided that her mother was at the age of 17 at that time which made her pause.

Her mother? 17 years old? That was only a year older than she was now and at the thought of her mother at that age made her think of what she was like as a teenager.

Even though Spencer was very close to her mother, they have never had talked deeply about her mother's childhood. Thinking back she didn't understand why or why she herself hadn't asked more questions about her.

Maybe the the fact that there were hundreds of biographies about the mother, a talented and god gifted musician, made her think that Spencer knew all about it.

Now, burning with increased curiosity and eager to know more about her famous yet reserved mother, Spencer reads on.

Little does she know these notebooks hold the true story of her mother's life. A life different to the one she was known for, that only a few people know of.

Little does Spencer know she was about to relive the lives of Melody Pavane and Lydian Tallis who were inseparable. She was about to witness very tear, every laugh and every moment her mother had been through.

She was going to witness the story of Melody Pavane and Lydian Tallis.

Thanks for reading guys. Vote, comment and share.

 Vote, comment and share

Spencer right there👆👌