Chapter 12

*Zayn's POV*

"We're here to see the 1D boys perform." James Corden pointed at us, "But we want to hear your sensational opening act too!" He said before the crowd erupted in cheers.

The boys, Claire and I had come to The Late Late Show with James Corden.

It sucked.

Claire broke up with me the day before and is putting up a strong front in front of people. I know she's hating all this but I have to let her be happy.

That's love, right?
Giving away your own happiness for the love of your life? I guess that is.

"Oh, no, please." Claire grinned at him from beside Harry. She refused to sit beside me and honestly, it hurt.

"What say?" James asked the crowd before they cheered again.

"Claire! Claire! Claire!" Everyone chanted.

"But you guys will join me and tell me what to sing, yeah?" Everyone agreed to her demand.

"Okay." She stood up and pushed her beautiful hair back. She looked absolutely gorgeous in a beige tube top and black skater skirt.

"Tell me a song, dear?" Claire pointed at a small, physically disabled little girl in the audience.

The red haired girl lit up in happiness, "Will you please sing Titanium with Zayn for me?" Our faces went blank.

Claire was depressed, sad and lonely. She refused to talk to anyone or eat anything. I told the boys to leave her alone and she told them to respect our privacy.

Titanium was our first song together. It was kind of the reason why we fell in love. Singing that song, together, a day after seperating will suck.

"Please? I love you Claire." The little girl requested again.
"Okay. I love you too." Claire replied with a small smile on her face.

She glanced at me before sitting on the stool kept in the middle of the stage in front of a mic.

I followed her and soon the lights went out. A spotlight was shone only on her and me. The spotlight made her look like an angel.

A broken angel.

"You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say. I'm talking loud, not saying much." She sang the first para, causing the feels to flutter in our stomachs again.

"I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet. You shoot me down, but I get up." I sang with all my heart and soul.

This may be my last chance to sing with her.

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away. Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away, fire away. You shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium." We sang together, every note from our voice blended and danced together like the previous time.

Singing with her again made me feel happy all over again. A pit of saddness was there, but the happiness was slightly more.

"You shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium." We sang the last chorus part.

I started, "Cut me down but it's you who'll have further to fall. Ghost town, haunted love."

"Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones. I'm talking loud not saying much." She sang effortlessly amazing.

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away. Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away, fire away. You shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium. You shoot me down but I won't fall." I turned to look at her as she did the same. All her emotions were welling up in her eyes.