You Are Beautiful! (Dazai Osamu)

Start from the beginning

"D-Dazai san?"

"Please don't do that." he snapped, making your heart sink.

'Did he not like it?' you thought desperately, instantly regretting the choice you made. He stood up, his eyes still covered with his bangs as he walked away.

"I don't like it."

The next few weeks went by fairly quickly. Dazai returned back to normal and you two started to have normal conversations and he acted like that small 'incident' didn't happen. You didn't make a huge deal out of it, because it wasn't important. But it did bother you a bit.

The next day was a huge hassle. Everyone in the ADA were hands on for this mission. Two messages were sent out to the ADA saying they were going to plan an attack the people in Yokohama but in order to stop them they must solve the two riddle that were given to them to know the location they're going to attack in.

Ranpo was not present at the ADA in the moment so he was able to solve one riddle that was given to Kunikida. The other riddle was solved by Dazai himself and he went to the location with Atsushi.

"Please be careful. You only have an hour left before the raid." you re-informed him.

"Don't worry about me. I'll protect everyone else, especially you." he winked as he gave you a light tap on the head and walked out of the agency. You watched the him fade away, as you touched the place he patted you. Your heart felt warm and fuzzy again.

'I'll be waiting...' you smirked, anticipating for the hour to arrive.

"We're down to 40 minutes now till the raid activates. Where is everyone else?" Tanizaki asked, watching over his sister and the other assistants.

"Dazai san and Nakajima san is on their way to their destination." one assistant said.

"So one of the riddle is the answer to the location? But there's two!" Naomi exclaimed.

"That's right. That means it's either Kunikida san or Dazai san that's heading to the correct location." Tanizaki answered back.

"President! Tanizaki san! Something terrible has happened!" a cry came out in the office.

"What, what happened?" Fukuzawa stood up from his chair, alerted.

"It seems like Kunikida san has the right location! But he's under attack!"

"This isn't good... Who's the enemy?" Tanizaki asked.

"It's unknown for now. But Kunikida san is having a hard time at the moment."

"Contact Dazai and Atsushi immediately. Our hands are tied. Kunikida's destination is too far from here that we won't be in time to stop the raid. But Dazai and Atsushi is fairly close to Kunikida."

"Yes, sir! I'll contact them right away!"

"Damn..." Kunikida puffed, heaving for air.

"Do not move. Move a single muscle, your dead."

"I can't move, you bastard..."

"I can make you shut up you know. Unless you want to talk, I'll cut your throat."

Kunikida was currently stuck. Pretty badly in fact. He was in an underground area, being cautious as always. But as he entered the open room he was in now, his arms and legs immediately became numb and his arms were tied up by his sides, like a 'T'. His legs moved on its own and at first, he was unable to talk. When he was able to talk again, he finally saw the puppeteer behind this.

Literally. A puppeteer.

A thin but sturdy strings were being wrapped around his neck, arms, and legs. It was almost like he was being controlled by a puppeteer and he was the puppet.