Chapter One- "Leave Her Alone."

Bắt đầu từ đầu

            Brett was the most popular boy in school and was going to be captain of the football team his senior year if he kept it up. Being the typical teenager I was, I fell for him and instantly thought he was ‘the one.’ Long story short he was pretending to like me even though he was secretly already with Danielle.

Danielle had always hated me. She always wanted to take me down so she could take over and last year she succeeded. Brett had asked me for a picture of myself and I was stupid and naïve so I said yes. Little did I know that the picture I sent would be sent around the whole school. 

            Basically you can see where the story goes from there. I shot down the social status chart faster than you could count to ten and even though I was still a virgin, everybody at school thought of me as the school whore. To be honest I started to believe them for a short amount of time until I just decided to not care.

            The friends that I thought would last a lifetime turned their backs on me when I needed them the most. All they cared about was fitting in and looking cool. So my new life motto was just to get the hell out of high school. I begged my parents to let me be home schooled but they refused. They claimed that I needed school so I could ‘grow as a person.’ What a bunch of bullshit.

            Parking in my assigned spot, I begrudgingly got out of the car, grabbing my satchel, and swung it around my shoulder so it laid perfectly around my side. I hated my parents for making me do this.

        Crossing my arms over my chest, I made my way to the front of the doors to try and get to my locker as soon as possible.

            Oceanview Academy didn’t seem as luxurious as it sounded. We may have an outstanding academic record and we may hold titles for practically any sport you could think of but the students here sucked ass. They were all stuck up and snooty. All they cared about were themselves.

            Walking down the familiar white tiled floors, I glanced at the trophies hanging up in the cases and couldn’t help but wonder if winning was all this school really cared about. I used to love being a cheerleader, I lived for the thrill of competing and destroying competitors. But when I got to look at it from an outsider’s perspective I realized how cliché it was.

            Passing down the junior hallway, I looked at either side, noticing the red and navy blue lockers, Oceanview Academy’s shitty school colors. Finally reaching 1024, I turned the lock, entering the right combination, and quickly tried to transfer my books out so I wouldn’t be late to first period. But before I could retrieve my math textbook, I spotted Danielle out of the corner of my eye along with her two sidekicks Melissa and Amy. Your typical mean girls group. Every high school has one right?

            Trying to make myself as less obvious as possible, I pretended to search through my locker, looking for an invisible object, which failed miserably.

            “Hey slut.”

            I tried to block them out and shut my locker, heading in the other direction.

            “Oh what is Bella too scared to confront us now?” I heard Danielle call after me. I tried to ignore the stares from the incoming freshman and kept my gaze down towards my shoes. I was so sick and tired of the same shit everyday.

            Trying to walk faster down the hallway, Danielle kept her pace on me, not letting me get away. I don’t know why I thought she’d be different this year. This was the same routine every single day.

            “She wasn’t too shy with the camera phone.” I heard a jock say at a nearby locker, clapping hands with someone.

            Trying to not let the tears escape my eyelids, I held them back and tried to make it to my math class. Once I was there, I’d be safe. I’ve grown stronger over the last couple of years. I used to let it get to me more than I’m letting it get to me now believe it or not.

            “You’re such a pussy Bella.” Danielle snickered behind me.

            “Leave her alone.”

            I stopped dead in my tracks, trying to put a voice to the words I just heard. I was starting to think I imagined it until I turned my head around to see a boy I’ve never seen before glaring at Danielle. I analyzed his features, trying to decipher who he was, but I couldn’t put a name to him. There’s no way in hell he was a freshman.

            He was wearing jeans and a black leather jacket, which was an unusual style around here. Usually boys here wear brand name clothing like Polo or True Religion, the expensive shit. His brown hair was brushed upwards and his brown eyes were a shade of dark brown. They’d probably look a lot prettier if he wasn’t fuming with anger right now.

            “Excuse me?” Danielle huffed in disbelief.

            “I’m pretty sure you heard me.” He kicked his foot up against the locker and ran his fingers through his hair.

            “Who are you again?” she spat with disgust, as she looked him up and down disapprovingly.

            “Oh how rude of me.” He rolled his eyes and stepped closer towards her. “Justin Bieber. New kid.”

            I stood still, not knowing what to do next. Fumbling with the hem of my dress, I tried to look anywhere but at him. This explains why he was standing up for me… he had no clue what happened. 

            “Well new kid.” She smiled with sarcasm. “I don’t think you realize how things work around here… you might want to learn it and you’ll fit in a lot better.”

            He chuckled and I saw his brown eyes come alive with humor. “Alright so be a stuck up bitch and make fun of innocent people, got it.”

            I stifled a laugh and covered my mouth with my hand. This kid really didn’t know who he was messing with. I was waiting for her next comeback but was flabbergasted when her face became as red as a tomato. Hearing all of the laughter around her, she walked away, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder, with her sidekicks following close behind.

            He then turned his gaze towards me and I felt so embarrassed. Before I had time to say thank you, the bell to first period rang and I couldn’t risk the chance of being late. Giving him a small smile, I gripped my satchel and continued down the hallway to my class. I decided to glance back once more and saw him staring at me still. He hadn’t moved from his spot on the locker and it didn’t look like he was concerned that he’d be late to class. Seeing that he’d been caught staring, he winked at me, making my cheeks flush, and I turned the handle of the door to my math class wondering if I’d ever see him again.

 ~

         My classes hadn’t changed any from last year. I was still falling asleep from boredom and I was still determined that this place was a living hell. But thankfully the day was over.

            Taking my usual back way through the courtyard to avoid Danielle, I removed the keys from my satchel, just wanting to go home to my room. I still couldn’t believe what had happened first period. I’ve been trying to analyze every detail to figure out what he was thinking but I couldn’t. Why would he want to stick up for me?

            Feeling the wind blow gently through my brown hair, I pushed it to one side, letting it cascade down my shoulder, and made my way through the parking lot. Usually on the first day of school you have a bunch of sheets you take home to get signed stating what rules and/or materials you’ll need for the rest of year but not at Oceanview Academy. I swear they thought we’d be attending Harvard or something with the amount of homework I was carrying.

            “Sup.”

I jumped, startled by the infamous new kid Justin Bieber, who was leaned up against the trunk of my car with a cigarette in hand, his brown eyes staring directly at me.

NOTE TO THE READER: 

omg! thank you so much for reading this story :) I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I'm not sure if i'll be continuing this. But if you guys want me to then let me know and i'd be more than happy to! xoxo