Chapter 4: React to Fan Art

"Foster! Foster! Foster!" Keefe poked Sophie with his newly made iPod. Dex had upgraded hers so she could use the internet and Keefe had kept on asking to borrow hers for days on end until Sophie had convinced Dex to make a copy of her iPod for anyone who wanted one (which was practically every one of her friends). 

Sophie finished a bite of her lunch than said, "Don't you have detention, Keefe?"

"Well, maybe, but this is obviously a more pressing issue!" Keefe waved the iPod in the air. "Look at what I found online!" 

Sophie glanced over at the phone and blushed. There were two blond cartoon characters hugging each other on the screen that looked exactly like her and Keefe. "You... You found the fan art?" she managed to say, regretting ever even showing Keefe the internet. It was already bad enough that he found out about the ships. 

"Is that you and Sophie?" Dex asked, glancing at the iPod from behind Sophie. 

"Don't we look amazing?" Keefe winked. 

Dex pulled an iPod out of his cape. "Look! I also found this earlier!" Dex showed Sophie a picture of a cartoon older version of him sitting down in the snow.

"You couldn't find any of yourself and Foster, could you?" Keefe taunted him. Both Sophie and Dex blushed while he put his iPod back. Dex picked up his tray and walked away, mumbling about how he has to study. 

"Keefe, that was really unnecessary," Sophie complained, wanting Dex to come back so she could apologize. 

"It's just the truth Foster, he can't get mad if more people ship us." Keefe winked again. 

"Please don't start talking about the ships again," Fitz complained, sitting down next to Keefe. "Can't we just talk about something less complicated?" 

"Not when I have this!" Keefe said, and showed Fitz a new photo. 

Fitz shrugged. "I could do better." He said nonchalantly. 

"Oh really?" Keefe asked, bringing up a new photo. 

Fitz pulled out his iPod, and immediately pulled up a drawing of himself. 

"That doesn't count, it's like Dex's. It has to be one with Sophie." Keefe said, "I'm warning you now, there are tons of Sokeefe shippers in the human world. If I have more fan art, which I do, Foster goes on a date with me!"

"Wait! I didn't agree to any of this." Sophie got in between them. 

"No dates. That can only happen if someone has the guts to actually ask someone out," Fitz intervened, giving a pointed look at Keefe. Sophie pretended not to notice. "How about whoever wins gets Sophie as their partner in base quests for the rest of the year."

"Fine," Keefe agreed. "Foster's judge. We'll get as many pictures as possible in five minutes. Foster, count down the start time."

"Do we really have to do this?" Sophie asked. 

"Fitz offended our ship. I must get my revenge!" Keefe yelled, waving his iPod, causing a few other Foxfire students to look at them. 

"Okay, fine," Sophie sighed. Keefe and Fitz got their IPods ready. "Start in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

After 5 minutes of a lot of blushing and seeing drawings of her and Keefe or Fitz looking like manga characters, Sophie called time. She looked down at her notebook and counted the tally marks for Fitz and Keefe. 

"Okay, the winner is-"

Keefe cut her off. "Wait! We need a drumroll to announce my victory!" Keefe said and started patting his lap. 

"The winner is-" Keefe increased the volume of his drumroll as Fitz watched her attentively. "Fitz!" 

Fitz jumped up. "Ha! Keefe, I win!" 

"What?!?" Keefe exclaimed. "I showed you way more photos than he did!" 

"Well, he won, so I'm his base quest partner now." Sophie tried to tuck the notebook with the tally marks away. 

"Let me see that!" Keefe grabbed her notebook. "Hey! I have six more tally marks than he does!"

Fitz leaned over and started counting. "Darn, I thought I won."

"Don't worry Foster, we can work on your counting skills during base quest!" Keefe said excitedly. "No wonder Lady Galvin didn't like you in alchemy."

"I'll still be able to win at basequest, no matter what crazy scheme Foster pulls," Fitz declared.

"Keep telling yourself that, buddy. No one will be able to beat Team Foster-Keefe!" Keefe yelled, causing all the elves to watch as he left the room and was immediately caught by a mentor giving him more detention.