Chapter 1: React to Oreos

"Keefe!" Sophie shook the Oreo package, discovering that it was empty. Only a few crumbs sprayed out of the bag, into the kitchen sink.

"Hmm?" Keefe looked up from his sketchpad, his lips covered with black crumbs.

"I demand an explanation!" She held up the empty Oreo package. 

"Uhhhh..." Keefe wiped is hand across his mouth. "I didn't do it?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "But you know how much I love Oreos! And that was our last pack! I'll have to ask Mr. Forkle to bring us some more." She picked up her Imparter.

"Yes!" said Keefe. "Please do," he begged. "Oh, hey, Fitz," he said, as Fitz entered the kitchen.

"Fitz!" said Sophie. "Keefe ate all the Oreos. Tell him to stop being a piggy."

Fitz rushed over the the empty package. "No! Keefe!" He pushed his fingers through his hair. "Now what will I do? I am going to kill you, Keefe."

"What the heck is going on, guys?" Biana came up next to where Sophie and Fitz were clustering around the uninhabited Oreo bag. "Oh no," she gasped, putting her hands at her hips. "Keefe?!"

Sophie sighed. "Who else?"

"You will face my wrath!" Biana warned, slamming down the empty package in front of Keefe.

Keefe shrugged dreamily. "They're so...so beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Foster," he said, wriggling his eyebrows at Sophie's direction.

"Shut up, Keefe." Sophie's face had turned red.

So had Biana's face.

"They're so creamy on the inside. And the crunchiness on the outside...Nothing can compare," Keefe confessed.

"Exactly!" exclaimed Fitz. "Which is why you should. Not. Eat. ALL THE  DARN OREOS!"

"Gosh," said Keefe, whistling. "Who knew Fitz could be so violent?"

"Stop. Changing. The. Subject," Fitz said in a deadly tone.

"But I love them! And there's so many ways you can eat them, too. I like cracking them open, licking a little bit of the cream, and handing them to Foster," said Keefe, hugging his arms against his chest. 

Dex came in the kitchen with Linh and Tam. "Don't worry," he said, when they all started to explain the current situation. "We could hear Fitz's yelling from upstairs."

Fitz mumbled an apology.

"Besides, guys, those things are probably infested with chemicals and sugar. Do you really want to be eating them?" Dex picked up the Oreo bag and started reading off the ingredients. "Artificial chocolate, high fructose-"

"But that's what makes them so amazing!" interrupted Keefe.

Suddenly, the doorbell chimed, and Sophie rushed to answer the door. Mr. Forkle was standing outside with a Target bag filled to the top of different types of Oreos. 

"Thanks so much!" Sophie eagerly took the bag from him.

Mr. Forkle rolled his eyes, saying something that began with, "You kids..."

"Would you like to come inside?" 

He shook his head. "No. Nope. I'm fine. I'd rather not see you kids after eating all those horrible cookies."

"They're not horrible," Sophie protested. "But thanks again, Mr. Forkle."

Mr. Forkle shook his head. "You kids..."

After Mr. Forkle left, Sophie peered into the bag. "All mine..." she snickered.

.............

"At least let me try the birthday cake Oreos!" Keefe begged.

"No." Sophie held the bag tighter.

"Please, Foster?"

"No."

"You are depriving me from the one thing I need the most!"

"Serves you right," said Sophie. 

"Ha-ha, Keefe," said Fitz, waving an Oreo in front of his face. 

Keefe pouted.

Fitz licked the inside of his Oreo, then stuck the cookies back together, and handed them to Keefe.