Chapter 10

He gave me a hickey. Sure that went down well with Luke and the other boys and no matter what Harry says he did deserve me ignoring him for the rest of the day especially when a few of the girls outside the hotel picked up on it and as I stuttered for an answer to their questioning stares he just stood there laughing behind his hipster sunglasses and the stupid hippy bandanna he insists on wearing just to annoy everyone. Lou particularly loves it after spending an hour making sure his hair looks perfect and he barely makes it out of the chair before wrapping the scrap of fabric around his head messing up her master piece.

A few days had gone past since the whole Ashleigh dilemma and to be honest none of the boys had really spoken of it since. Luke and I made up as soon as we saw each other with a hug before he focused on the dark deep bruise that was now sitting on my neck courtesy of Mr Styles. Things felt normal again.

In those few days we had moved on to the next city, with just as many fans as the last, it was my first time on the tour buses which were surprisingly more comfortable then I would of imagined. Of course I was trapped on the 5sos bus obviously not being allowed to stay within a closed space with the one direction boys for fear of ‘my innocence being ruined’.

It was around 4 in the morning when once again I decided to give up on sleep, finding it surprisingly difficult to fall into slumber in a moving vehicle. I dragged my blanket over to the lounge area deciding to go and finish my friend’s marathon whilst being curled up in my blanket.  I was half way through season 7 when the separation from the bedrooms opened revealing a very sleepy ex.

His POV

I had been awake for a while, just knowing Kayles was sleeping in the bunk above me made me want to have her in my arms. I’ve never really slept properly since we came on tour obviously I just kept telling myself and anyone that would comment on the bags under my eyes that it was because of the unfamiliar bed and drastic change in schedule. Deep down I knew it was because she wasn’t in my arms, I miss her.

Somehow I managed to get a few minutes sleep, when I woke I heard noises coming from the back of the bus, hoping that it may be Calum who is always up for a hug at ridiculous times of the night I crept out of bed heading towards the door only in my sweats. When the door finally opened I had to rub the sleep from my eyes to make sure it was her sat on the sofa.

“Sorry if I woke you.” She whispered, looking me up and down.

“No you didn’t I can’t sleep.” I whispered back stepping into the room letting the partition close behind me before taking slow careful steps to sit next to her. We never really spoken since I left and I sure as hell wasn’t going to mess this up.

“Yeah me neither.” She half smiled before moving to create more space for me and turning her attention back to the TV

“You’re still obsessed with this programme?” I asked as I smiled at the memory of all the times she made me watch the same episode over and over again.

“Of course, I love friends! You know that.” She inhaled sharply as she turned to look at me both of us remembering how we used to be.

“Yeah, I remember.” An awkward silence settled over us, as I tried thinking of anything to say. “So, I never asked how did you like the show?” it was the only thing I could think of that resembled slight normality.

“Yeah, it was amazing I’m so proud of you guys! You’ve come so far, last time I saw you play there were like 4 people in the audience and now you’re playing to thousands! It’s amazing!” I smiled as she giggled, however my mind transfixed on ‘last time I saw you’, the last time I saw her I couldn’t even say goodbye. Not properly anyway, not how I should of. Just a hug.