Welcome Home Young Sir

Tony raised his fist to the oak door but before he could even knock the door was pulled open by his hyper little "cousins".

"Tony you're back", screeched Emily, the second youngest of the house staffs children.

"How long are you home", Enrique hollered, the baby of the Stark staffs' kids.

"Hey Em, Ricky! I'm back for three months", Tony excitedly said back before dropping down and hugging the kids.

God Tony loved these brats. Tony himself was 12 while Em was was 5 and Ricky 4. Emily was the daughter of the head gardener Jay and one of the maids, Amelia. Ricky was the son of José, Jarvis' second in command, and Carla, the head cook.

"Welcome home Tony", a British voice said said over the squeals of laughter and high pitched talking..

Tony hopped to his feet, feeling better then even seeing his 'cousins' made him. If Jarvis called him Tony that meant Howard wasn't home and if Howard wasn't home it meant he could act like the twelve year old he really was.

Tony only partially noticed Emily and Ricky pout before getting up and running out the French doors leading to the backyard and garden. "Hey J. Is ma home", Tony asked trying to not let his hopes get up.

Jarvis sighed and Tony felt his small hope get dashed. Jarvis spoke quietly, "Mrs. Stark is in fact present but is rather intoxicated at the moment. I would, however, think that she would be glad to see you as she has been in the piano room for the last eight hours."

"Did she know I was coming back today?", Tony asked nervously.

"She did, but you are about 10 hours late no thanks to your father", Jarvis said with a heavy coating of distain and dislike for a man he had once called a friend.

"Oh yeah", Tony dragged a hand through his hair and walked up to hug the man around the middle, "I'm gonna go up and see her for a little bit but then I'll come back down to see everybody."

Jarvis hugged him back before gently nudging him to the staircase, "See if she would like any dinner brought up later."

"Alright J. I'll be back in an hour or two", Tony replied before booking it up the stairs in animal mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony paused at the door to his mother's music room. He heard the cords of Fur Elise being played slowly yet just a beautifully as ever. He knocked of the doorframe before he pushed the door open.

His mother didn't look up from the piano but her head tilted toward him and he knew she saw it was him.

Without pause, the notes switched from the chorus of Fur Elise to You Are My Sunshine and Maria scooted over on the piano bench. He took the invitation to join her and sat. Tony began playing alongside his mother and she looked up and smiled at him.

"You're getting good at this Tesoro, I'll have to look up something more difficult for you later", Maria said.

They sat playing for the remainder of the song and as the closing notes faded from the air, his mother turned to hug him. Tony tried not to cringe at the smell of aged whiskey and champagne that seemed to cling to his mother at all times.

"You're late tesoro", his mother muttered into his hair.

"I know madre, I'm sorry", Tony said relishing in the rare show of affection.

Maria held on for a few moments longer before pulling back and running her hand through Tony's hair, "You need a haircut Tonio. If I'm not feeling ill tomorrow I'll take you to Jennet's boutique and we can spend the day together."

Tony beamed, "Okay mum!"

Maria hummed before standing from the bench and heading to the door, she turned and said, "Have a good night with everyone, love. Tell Jarvis to save me something would you?"

"Of course mom", I'll see you in the morning", Tony said feeing a bit down but still happy at the promise of spending time with his mother the next day.

"See you in the morning", Maria said before walking to her bedroom.

Tony sighed and headed out of the music room.  He closed the door softly and walked down the stairs to join Jarvis and the rest of his family.

It was nice to be home he guessed.