I stay frozen in place.

"Him!" I whisper-yell and turn back to Jennifer.

She nods and excuses herself to an emergency.

She is running away! My friend is leaving me behind to deal with this mess.

I glance around until my eyes land on the bar.

I need a drink!

What was my dad thinking? Did he not know about this? Did he even read the names of the people involved in this project?!

I try  to control my breathing as I make my way across the floor.

While making my way to the bar I bump into someone.

"Sorry..." I trail off. My eyes widen a fraction.

"Logan!" He smiles and nods at me.

"You remember me!" I nod and hug him.

"Wow, I haven't seen you since..." I trail off.

"Since high school." He was my best friend when we were in high school.

It is not long before we start a conversation.

He soon leaves as he gets called by a man in a navy tuxedo. I continue my journey to the bar and smile at the bartender.

"May I get a cup of water?" He nods and turns away as I sit down on a stool. I decided that I needed to stay sober tonight.

"Well, look who we have here." I look up to see the old man from outside sit on the chair next to me.

"Took me a while to find you." I scrunch my face as his breath invaded my nostrils.

The bartender hands me the water and I stand up.

"Thank you." I grab the cup and try to run for it when I feel his crusty hand wrap around my hand that is holding the cup.

"You won't escape from me again." I glare at him.

Just when I'm about to pull my hand away, I feel a warm hand go around my waist.

Do people around here not respect woman.

"Can both of you take your hands off me." I all but scream. The hand on my waist loosens up and the old man gets shove backwards.

A gasp leaves my mouth as the body behind me gets closer to me. I purposely throw my water at the man and slam the cup on the table. I turn to the man holding me but I am cut off by familiar eyes.

Ethan doesn't pay attention to me as his eyes glare daggers at the old man.

It takes me a moment to realize what we both did.

My eyes scan the area. All of them are whispering and looking at us.

Damn it, we have the whole attention of the crowd. Especially, from the girls.

Who is she?

Wasn't she his wife?

Didn't they get a divorce?

I heard she cheated on him.

She looks sexy!

Wow, now I know why he fell in love with her.

"Excuse us." Ethan pulls me and leaves his hand on my waist, my stiff body follows him.

The cold breeze makes goosebumps rise on my skin. My eyes follow Ethan as he sits on a bench not far from the entrance.

I quietly follow him.

His gray eyes turn to me. None of say a word. I am still processing the whole situation when his hand begins rubbing his chin. The same hand that pushed the man.

"I don't know where to start." He shakes his leg and I look away.

"Where have you been all this time?" I glance back at him as he patiently waits for my reply.

"I was living with my siblings back in Florida."

"I should have known. How have you been? Do you... Fuck. I'm not good at this." I am a bit confuse by his compose self. His hard eyes lock me in.

"What do you mean? I left because you cheated on me. Did you expect me to stay?" I stop myself before I say something that will hurt both us.

"I did not cheat on you. I never slept with any woman after we got married Skylar. It was a misunderstanding. Do you think I'm the type of men to sleep with a woman while being married?" I see the anger behind those eyes.

"Women and men cheat all the time even during marriage. Your actions also made me question your loyalty. You began arriving late from work. You didn't spend time with me or even touched me." I hold onto my purse.

His eyes look down at my hands.

I relax them and see the color of my knuckles change.

"The company was going through a rough situation. I did not call you that day because I was feeling sick. Without me knowing, I was already sleeping and—"

"Sir. The presentation is starting."

Ethan looks between us and stands up.

"We will discuss this later. Okay?" His hand reaches for me but I walk pass him.

Stay and listen to his speech. Once he is done, I'll run out of here.