Glances

Glances. Very small ones, and very subtle ones too, but I notice them. I notice how you glance back to see if I'm looking before you do something that's considered "cool". If I'm not, you make a loud comment, or "accidentally" brush my shoulder. Sometimes you even call my name. When you have my attention, you do your little trick. If you nail it, you glance at me to see if I saw it. If you fail it, you still glance at me to see how I react. You may think I don't notice these glances, but I do. I really do. And they make me so happy that I can't even describe them in words. Because knowing that you want to impress me makes the butterflies in my stomach go wild. That's why I smile so big every fucking time that you fail a trick. Because knowing that you really tried to impress me is just such a good feeling. And it feels even better when you actually manage to do the trick, because I know that you're proud of yourself, and that makes me even happier. Yesterday when you were doing laps in P.E I could literally hear you panting, even though I was on the other side of the gym. But when I walked past you to get my jacket, I saw how you glanced up, and BOOM! You turned into fucking Usain Bolt all of the sudden and finished the lap in five seconds. And I caught it. I caught the glance you gave me after you crossed the finish line. And I had to walk away so that you wouldn't see how much I was smiling. I'm pretty sure that I looked crazy af, but tbh I didn't care that much. Because the fact that I was the one that motivated you by just passing by makes me feel so special. And i fucking love it. I love that i mean something to you, because you mean so much to me.