Chapter 6 : Birthday suit

CHARLOTTE GROANED into the soft pillow, the pain in her head making it hard not to cry. The pillow smelled different to the hotel one but it didn't bother her, as it smelled comforting and strangely familiar. She tried to turn but this made an arm tighten across her waist. The arm pulled her closer and she succumbed to the warmth of the person behind her. She realized she had probably gone home with somebody last night, hopefully Charlie.

They had spent most of the night together.

As sleep invaded her pain riddled mind, she sighed and cuddled into the broad body behind her.

She really hoped it was him, she thought to herself as sleep brought her back into its clutches.

Later that morning, her head feeling a lot better than earlier, Charlotte stretched out her body in the warm bed. She could hear some audible chattering from outside the hotel door, the words indiscernible. She moaned as her joints popped and was startled by the laugh coming from next to her. During this whole time, she had kept her eyes closed, too scared to open them. She did not need a headache from the light outside just yet.

"Shit!" She cried, her hand on her heart as her eyes met half-lidded blue eyes.

"You're cute in the morning." Charlie grinned, a yawn breaking out.

"Don't do that, it's contagious." She groaned, a yawn now threatening her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to." He grinned and pulled her down to him.

She smiled and snuggled into his broad chest. Her head was on his shoulder, her back showing to the ceiling. He was on his back, her hands tracing his warm, nude chest.

It was full of scars, though not all of it was faded. Some were new and pink, the skin puckered because they were burns. His hand was trailing up and down her back, lightly tracing the scar there. She shivered under his fingertips, goosebumps erupting on her arms.

"Are you cold?" He asked, pulling up the tan coloured duvet on top of them.

"No, where are we?" She frowned, her eyes fluttering around the room.

It was definitely not her hotel room. It was a plain room, the wallpaper older and the same colour as the duvet. A few parts of the wall had burn marks. It had the makings of an everyday bedroom, the two windows covered by curtains. It had no posters and nothing to give up the personality of the person who used the room, besides the burn marks. Charlie chuckled, kissing her shoulder.

"My room, at the Burrow from the looks of it. The twins used it for developing their pranks, when I moved to Romania." Charlie smiled, sadness in his face.

Charlotte stared at him, her left hand coming up to caresses his cheek. It was full of stubble, the little hairs prickling her hand. She stopped as her eyes landed on the ring on her finger. It wasn't big, the band a rustic rose gold. It had a small opal on it. It was beautiful but that wasn't what bothered her.

"Charlie, give me your left hand please." She sat up, not realizing she was fully in the nude.

He frowned, and nodded. He lifted his hand and she snatched it to stare at it, her eyes widening. She couldn't believe what was on his hand and on hers. His ring finger had a dark, thick metal band. She swallowed and glanced at Charlie, who was staring at her body with lust in his eyes.

"What did we do?" She asked, her words full of horror.

"What do you mean?" Charlie snapped out of his lust-filled stare.

"Look at your finger. Oh Merlin, did we get engaged?" Charlotte cried out, her hands on her mouth now.

"Don't sound so horrified at the idea of marrying me." Charlie said wounded while he was eyeing the ring on his finger.

"I'm not. I just didn't ever think we would. It's been so long since we've seen each other and you and I haven't even been on a date yet." Charlotte groaned, now looking at the handsome man lying down.

"I can take you out on a date before I go back to Romania." He grinned.

"You're so sweet." She rolled her eyes, sarcasm dripping from her words.

"At least I offered." His answer made her chuckle and hit him.

"Charlie darling, are you awake?" Molly Weasley's voice filtered through the door. The handle started turning and panic ensued.

Charlotte cringed in horror, and quickly fell off the bed taking the duvet with her. She saw Charlie cover himself up with his hands, horror on his handsome face.

"Merlin, Mum, knock before you come in!"

"Oh sweetheart, don't act as if I haven't seen you naked since you were a wee baby. Your father and I would like to talk to you and Charlotte once you've put some clothes on. Morning Charlotte!"

"Morning Mrs. Weasley." Charlotte replied in absolute embarrassment, grateful that the bed was hiding her.

The door opened and closed, making Charlotte lie down on the floor with a relieved huff. She looked up at the ceiling and felt a soft smile spread on her face. Even though they skipped a lot of steps, she was happy that the two of them acted on their feelings.

"Thanks for the help, you can stop smiling now." Her eyes flitted to Charlie's who was staring down at her from the bed.

"Much better than your mother walking in on us both naked."

"The duvet would've covered us both, so neither of us would've been naked. We should probably get ready and go down to see them."

She nodded and stood up, throwing the duvet over the bed. Charlie grinned at her as she started gathering her underwear.

"I don't think I've ever told you, but you have a great bum."

She went red and looked over her shoulder to smile at him. He had a languid smile on his face, staring at her like he was starving and she was the best meal in the world.

"Charlie, we need to go see your parents. And in any case, I need to borrow some clothes before I go back to my hotel."

He nodded, after snapping out of his stare. The two were a whirlwind around the room, Charlotte ending up with a white shirt and shorts from him. It dwarfed her, but luckily she wasn't that short so it was a decent length.

"I like seeing you in my clothes." Charlie muttered, bringing her closer to him.

"I like wearing them." She smiled up at him.

A warm silence filled the room, the sounds from the Burrow echoing. It seemed like there were many feet here which wasn't too far-fetched as many of the siblings were now grown up, married and had children.

"We should probably go down." Charlie murmured and she nodded, her eyes on his.

His eyes flickered to the door and then he brought his head down to give her a slow, languid kiss. She moaned and he abruptly ended the kiss.

"Before my mother shouts at us or sends George up to come get us."

Charlotte nodded, a desire filled daze hindering her mind. As they left the room, Charlie frowned as if something was bothering him.

"You know, it just occurred to me, that only the person that was proposed to, wears a ring. I wonder why I'm wearing one too."