Chapter eight: Indirect Confession

Start from the beginning

"It had boring words, too simple." I grumbled. I was done talking about people's terrible attempt at writing. I couldn't remember why I joined this club besides that Hiroomi could watch over me.

Hiroomi came even closer so he could whisper into my ear without Mitsuki hearing him.

"Don't be so harsh. It contradicts your adorableness." He smirks and moves away to his corner. I get a fluttering feeling in my stomach and try not to explode. He knows every button to press to get me flustered. And it works every time. I take a quick breath and shrug.

"Sure thing, boss." I say to mock him. He smiles flirtatiously and turns to the book he picked up off the table. Mitsuki stands up and looks at the both of us.

"Okay, something is going on between you two." She sternly says and glares at Hiroomi. He just smiles and doesn't take his eyes off the page.

"Whatever could that possibly be, Mitsuki?" He says intelligently. His voice made me want to kiss him again. The thought of just pressing our lips together makes my hands sweaty. She then directs her attention at me. I copy Hiroomi's style and cross my arms and smirk.

"What? Are you jealous or something?" I say with a cocky voice. She growls and cools down.

"Never mind," she took a breath and whispered, "perverts" under her breath. I slammed my hands on the table and stood up.

"Don't entitle me with such a harsh word! I am not a pervert." I pause and point at Hiroomi, who was innocently reading the book.

"If anyone's a pervert it's him!" She chuckled at my testimony. Hiroomi stood up and shook his head.

"Oh Akkey, why must you abuse me when you rather warm me?" He walked over and wrapped his hands around my waist. I twitched, but from being surprised. I clamped my hands over his and tore them off my body.

"Not now," I whispered sharply. Mitsuki heard and sighed.

"I knew it." She jabbed. Hiroomi and I paused. She knew what? We stared at her.

"I knew you two were a pair! Do you really think I'm that stupid?" When she said the word pair, I jumped and blushed. A-a pair?!? I held out my hands in protest.

"Wait, wait, wait!" I began, but Hiroomi interrupted by wrapping his hands back around my waist and kissing me softly on the cheek.

"You got it. Right, Akkey?" I felt trapped. I didn't want to deny Hiroomi, but I didn't want Mitsuki to hate me even more. I sensed she had a crush on me at times. She would always mention me confessing my love for her at some important moment. Almost like she was fantasizing over me. But she always did it in a way where she seemed bored and was just saying it to mess with me.

I didn't know how to respond, either reject my love for Hiroomi and crush him, or accept it and possibly wreck Mitsuki's dream. I squinted one eye.

"Sure." Was all I could come up with. Mitsuki scuffed and walked away with her nose in the air.

"Perverts." She whispered and walked out of the room. We were left alone in the room. Thinking I was in the clear, I turned around to look at Hiroomi. He wasn't very happy. He was frowning. I questioned him.

"Why were you so unsure?" He said seriously. I could hear his heart pounding over mine. Did my answer matter that much? I thought and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I didn't know if we were like that yet." I said calmly. That was a good enough answer, right? He sighed and laid his head into my chest. He sighed again and I rested my hand on his head. His hair was very soft and flowing. I kissed his head and thought for a second. Am I right? He looked back up at me again and smiled.

"I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I just thought since we slept together–" I stopped him. Slept together?!?!

"Woah, hey! But it wasn't like that. I just fell asleep, nothing happened!" It sounded to me like I was trying to say that was a one time thing. I felt bad after seeing his disappointed face. "Wait..." I began, but he just laughed uncomfortably.

"Sorry, Akkey, I just can't contain myself when I'm with you. I–" he stopped himself this time and looked away. He was beginning to blush a little. I smiled. Is he...trying to confess his love to me?

I started to laugh. He looked up at me with confused eyes.

"Hiroomi, don't apologize to me. Just kiss me again." I grabbed ahold of his scarf. His face looked so dumbfounded, I almost laughed at him. I then swooped in and captured his lips with mine and his muscles loosened. This kiss was a lot longer than the last one, but equally as great. We softly adjusted our lips to make them fit better and continued to make contact. I still had a grip on his scarf. His hand traveled to my face and he rubbed my cheek with his thumbs. It felt nice to be loved by someone who knew how to make me feel good. I then sat down on the table and swung my legs. He pressed against me and we didn't detach from our lips.

All of this happened without even saying I love you.

I relaxed my arms on the table as he dropped one hand to my back and scratched my back. I took a deep breath and we kept relocating our lips so they would fit comfortably.

I could tell you now that this was the most eventful thing that has happened at Literary club. And all we did was kiss.

Next Update: October 3rd

A/n: Ayano Saski is just a made up character of mine. Just clarifying that.