Why???

January 12,2013- Empire State Building, New York City 12:50 pm

I got a phone call from Serena, Richardson's secretary of 2 years, telling me he wanted to see me, immediately. As i walk to the elevator to get to the 95th floor, where Mr.Richardson's office was,i started thinking of all the possibilities of why he needed me only 10 minutes before his usual 1:00 appointment... Soon i began to pick up speed in my walk, my long black hair  flowing easily behind me as i started thinking of all the bad reasons he needed me... being fired, laid off, demoted.. for some reason i began to think of insane ones, such as being thrown out his window because he was in a homicidal mood... as i finally reached the elevator, I almost broke into a run, then i jammed my thumb and pressed it hard a few times.. When the elevator door opened, i darted inside, pressed the button, and closed the door with another. when the door opened after what seemed like an eternity, i walked out and strode with more propose then before. I had made a good time, only 3 minutes, that wasn't bad for leaving from the 86th floor as far down the hall as could be from the elevator...

As i got to his office door, Serena said to go right in, he was waiting for me. As i walked in, his big,red face had a cigar in his mouth. his round body could use a few steps to climb, not to call him fat, but to say he was a bit more then average sized man, mad with power to. as i walked in, i had only seen a little bit of his face, but mostly his straight, chocolate brown hair. He probably herd me come in, because suddenly he spoke, into an phone really, saying to whoever was on the other end that he really must go. It was now 12:55. Sudden, but not startled by my presence, he turned around, he seemed mad. His deep voice, no matter what he did, could not hide his Irish borough, he asked me to take a seat. to say his voice was just sexy was an understatement. It was incredible, and had a sort of accent hidden under that borough. We had the formalities. Suddenly he said, "Mickey J. Hamilton, your fired. i expect to have you recognition by this afternoon, have you office cleared, as someone will be taking you place this evening, and you will not be aloud to attend the banquet tonight."

"But sir! How are you going to fire me, I'm the best worker you have in this building!! And Mr.Richardson, may i call you James-"

"No,"

"Well Mr.Richardson, you know Ive worked the hardest, and i have done nothing wrong, I'm polite to all the other workers and Ive earned a promotion if anything!"

"And demote my own coliges? Id think not."

"Why because their your golfing buddies?"

"Well-urg.... No, well sortof, but-"

"What, cant explain it? i have worked long and hard for this promotion, And then you go and fire me! What the hell!"

"Miss Hamilton, i will not be spoken to in such a manner by someone a lower rank then myself in this building, in fact, by someone who doesn't even work here anymore. and frankly, the real reason your being fired is because you are a slut and i will not have one working in this building."

"Well how 'bout Judy? Is she getting the boot, or does she get to stay because she had sex with you, even though you married? And how am i a slut? I'm nothing close to that! am i one because i have long hair? Is that it?"

"I will not digna-"

suddenly a knock one the door, and Serena pokes her head in."Mr.Richardson, your 1:00 is here"

"Tell them to send them up." Serina nods slightly and exits the room.

"And what about her, I know you've already done her a couple dozen times too."

"Get out of my offace Mickey."

"So your 1 pm wont here how redicu-"

"I said GET OUT!!!" James Richardson was now more red-faced then ever, steaming mad now.

James 1:00 walked in just as Mickey was walking out, they slightly bumped into each other, little did Mickey know, this man would be a large part in her future life... She said sorry, as he said nothing.

December 5th, 2013- Mickeys apartment on the Lower East Side, New York City 3:00 pm

As i sit up on my bed, the sunlight is filtering through the blinds, I look at the clock, it said 3:01 pm. the only thought that  occurred was, "he wont be here for another few hours..." Then I just put my head in my hands and cried, the same tears I've been crying for a year now, same questions filtering through my mind, the biggest one was "why?" suddenly, i herd the door knock, i stopped myself immediately, i should have known, he always comes so early... i say one minute, run to my bathroom and wash my face so it wouldn't look like I was crying... only after i opened the door did i remember i was only in my panties and my camisole.

"What do you want? i just woke up."

"Same thing i always want from you, Mickey."

"No, you always want something different... so what is it this time? Sex, money, food, what?"

"I want the report on how your mission went. I want that no matter what when I come."

"Oh. That, it went smoothly, he was alone in his apartment, so i gaged him, put on gloves, took a knife, slit his wrist, both a few times, then got his throat, made it look like a suicide, and i have what i used to gag him, left a bloody knife in his hand, ordered his a evening meal for room service, they should be finding him about now."

"Good, it better not have been sloppy, and he was a rich man, so if you took anything from his wallet, and you better have, two thirds is ours, the rest is a nice little bonus for gettin the rich guy..."

"Wheres the pay from the agency?"

"I have it right here... Wheres the wallet and possessions?"

"In my room, follow me."

"Oh I know very well where it is, from experience." he winked.

"Whatever you say..."