Episode 2

Episode 2: Murder scene

The tapping of feet mixed with the rolling of bags on the ceramic tiles gave the airport it's special busy atmosphere.

The air was filled with all kinds of emotions and the sounds of happy people greeting their beloved ones who were traveling and came back.

Cheers, cries of happiness, yelling, and greetings. It was a feeling experienced in every airport you would visit.

Baron wasn't really fond of it though. He never had that special someone waiting for him.

With a deep breath, he fixed his backpack over his shoulders, and with his suitcase in hand he started making his way out of the crowded hall.

A car was waiting for him as usual with the designated driver standing by the passenger door.

Without a greeting or any word said, Baron handed his suitcase to the driver who placed it in the trunk then went to sit inside the car.

Five minutes later, the car was moving down the busy streets and thankfully, the trip to the hotel didn't take much time.

Baron sighed deeply as he entered his luxurious hotel suite, a place he never dared to step inside before due to its overly expensive fee.

"Rich people sure live differently. He paid so much just to get his wife killed." Baron muttered as he placed his suitcase and backpack on the floor.

Looking out the window, Baron's thoughts traveled to a month before where everything he came to know and live for changed forever.

He shook his head to rid himself of the depressing thoughts and decided to leave the closed room for some fresh air.

He ignored that nagging feeling in his heart and brushed it off as the aftermath of his previous memories as he continued roaming around the park he came across.

It was big indeed and he couldn't help his eyes as they traveled towards the big trees then down to the flowery bushes.

He didn't notice that he was moving towards a more secluded area until he felt a cold material piercing into his flesh from the back.

Pain erupted from where the weapon made contact with his skin making Baron gasp from the sudden feeling.

He didn't have time to recover from the first attack as the weapon was stabbed into his stomach from the side and a dark hooded figure standing beside him.

Baron held the culprit's bloody hand that held the knife and with as much strength as he could possibly muster, he fought against the culprit's power and slowly released the knife from inside his flesh.

The culprit seemed to struggle against Baron, trying to prevent the knife as it left Baron's body, turned around, and was moving towards his own flesh.

Baron gritted his teeth as he pushed the knife towards the man then finally stabbing him in return.

The man fell backward to the ground from the surprise as he held onto his wound with the knife still in place.

He looked up at Baron with eyes that were filled with shock and fear and it didn't take long before the man crawled backward then ran away from Baron's menacing eyes.

Baron struggled to control his breathing as the pain in his body increased by the second.

His eyes started to blur and the greenery of the nature around him mixed with the blue of the sky into one color.

The trees doubled in number in front of him and the image he was seeing slowly changed from the ground, to the trees and up till all he could see was the pale blue sky as his body fell with a thud to the ground.