A New Idiot

She wasn't afraid to die. She knew that one day it would happen, that her life would come to an end, but what she was afraid of was how she would die. Would it be her drowning, being beaten to death, shot, stabbed, hit by a car? She thought of every possible painful way that her life could end and yet...neither of those possible ways she could die was the way she died. She died peacefully in her sleep, feeling nothing but the cool hand of the man she'd fallen so deeply in love with on her forehead.

Let the Story Begin:

A loud crash startles her awake. She looks around the basement and sighs when she hears the banging again. "Charlie, get your ass up here, now! You have school!" her uncle's wife hissed from the top of the stairs.

"Co - coming!" she yells back, her throat dry from lack of water or food. Slowly she sat up on the mat they'd given her to sleep on, wrapping her arm around her middle, and carefully stood up on her feet. She took a few small breaths and walked over to the corner of the room she was in and grabbed her outfit for the day. She was going to wear a dark red long sleeve sweater, black jeans, and her dark red chuck Taylors.

Once she was dressed she grabbed her bag and headed up the basement stairs and into the kitchen where Dylan, his wife Abby, their two sons Bryan and Brody and their daughter Kelly sat at the table eating. They all looked up at her as she walked passed them towards the kitchen sink. She grabbed a glass and filled it with water. It tasted like crap but it was all they would allow her to get.

"You might want to get to walking to school or you're going to be late." Abby hissed.

Charlie rolled her eyes. "You might want to slow down on the bacon or you're going to look like Shrek." she bit back.

"What did you say you little shit?" Abby stood from her chair and moved in behind her.

Charlie placed her glass in the sink and turned to face her, "I guess your looks aren't the only thing leaving you with age. It seems your hearing is going bad also." she spat with a smirk.

Abby glares at her, "Why you little bitch!" she raised her hand and slapped her.

Charlie refused to give her the satisfaction of showing pain so she squared her shoulders and smiled at her. "If I'm a bitch you're an ugly, old, deaf bitch." she says calmly before pushing past her, bumping her shoulder pretty hard, and out the door.

"You stupid bitch! You better find somewhere else to sleep tonight because you aren't getting in tonight!" Abby yells.

Charlie flips her off, "Like that's anything new!" she yells over her shoulder as she headed down the street.

~~~~~*~~~~~

It took her twenty-three minutes to make it to school and the parking lot was still full of students. She looked at her watch and saw that it was only 7:11 am. She'd made it to school early which meant she'd have some time to herself.

"Charlie!" Or so she thought.

"What do you want, Jessica?" she groaned in irritation. This girl was almost as annoying as her mother's brother and his family.

"Why are you walking to school?"

Blowing out a breath she rested all her weight on her right foot and folded her arms over her chest. "My mother's brother and his family hate me so they make me walk to school. They never feed me, I don't eat until I get to this crappy place, they abuse me physically and mentally every chance they can and they tell me they wished I'd died in that car accident instead of my parents." she says truthfully.

Jessica burst out into laughter. "Wow. You are funny, Charlie." she says.

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, Charlie stepped around her. "Goodbye, Jessica." she says.

As she passes Jessica she notices an orange truck in the spot where she always sat. She didn't like it. She went to give the person a piece of her mind but the sound of screeching tires stopped her in her tracks. Looking up she noticed the Yorkie kid and his car sliding on black ice heading towards the orange truck. Turning to look at the truck she noticed a girl, who she'd never seen before, standing there in shock with headphones in her ears staring at the incoming car.

What the hell! Is this girl immobile or is she just stupid?

Rolling her eyes, she dropped her bag to the ground and took off towards the dark haired girl. "Move you idiot!" she hissed before tackling the girl into the grass and out to the way of the incoming car. "Damnit!" she hissed as she felt her head collide with a rock sticking out of the ground.

The girl turned around and looked at the Charlie with wide eyes. "Oh, my god! Are you alright?" she gasped.

Charlie glares at her, "Hell no I'm not alright!" she hissed, "I just hit my damn head on a rock, my head is pounding and my ribs are killing me! What do you think?"

The girl stares at her in shock,"I'm -"

"You should have moved you idiot." she snapped as she slowly stood up on her feet, ignoring all the commotion of the students running towards them, as she moved to pick up her bag.

"Someone call 911!" she heard Jessica scream as she rushed towards her, "Charlie! You should sit down!"

Charlie rolled her eyes, "I'd rather stand."

"You were just in an accident. You shouldn't be up and walking."

"I am though. I don't need you or anyone else telling me what to do or what's best for me, got it?" she snapped.

Jessica went to say something else but was interupped by a teacher. "Ms. Mason, you need to -"

"Stop! Stop telling me what I need to do and just back the hell off!" she yelled, causing her head to spin and her to stumble a bit.

"Charlie, you look like you;re about to fall over." the teacher says.

Charlie backed away from the teacher and into someones car. "Stay away from me you annoying ass heathens!" she looked down at the car, and saw that it was silver, then looked up around her. She'd somehow made her way over towards the Cullens car. They were all watching her with worried and curious eyes.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and let it out through her nose before opening her eyes again, trying to push away the dizzy spell but failing. She felt herself slipping but still managed to say a few words,"Don't let him take me." she said before falling unconcious against something hard and cold.