CHAPTER SIXTEEN: THE PASSIONATE INTERLUDE

Start from the beginning

“Don’t remind me!” he teased. “Where’s Jen?”

“In the nursery. With the twins. She’s busy keeping Caitlin up-to-date with the events of last night,” Ryce told him sheepishly. “You know how these women can get. Caitlin is so worried for Kate especially after she learnt that her sister has gone to talk to the Bigfoots.”

“She’s what?!!” exclaimed Aidan.

“Yeah. Jen told me this morning that Kate was determined to have a word with the Bigfoot mother. To apologize or something,” Ryce told him. “You didn’t know?”

“No,” answered Aidan baffled. Hell! What if something wrong happened to her? What if that Bigfoot insulted her? Damn! That was why Kate had been mysterious of her whereabouts; she knew he would never have agreed for her to do such a thing. It was magnanimous as was Kate herself. But so not practical.

At that precise moment, his phone buzzed again and he knew it was Kate. Just like that. Feeling a sense of foreboding, he excused himself under the pretext of finishing some work and as soon as he had a minute alone, he removed his phone from his pocket.

Everything fine. Stop worrying. I’m on my way back to you. Love you.

Aidan heaved a sign as he read the message. As long as everything was fine, he was okay with it too. But Kate should not have taken the risk to meet the enemy family especially after the way Bigfoot had behaved last night.

I’m so going to blow you off when you’re back!

As his phone buzzed again, he felt another sense of anticipation but this time it was not Kate. It was some unknown number and as he tapped to read the message, his heart sank.

Hello Aidan. Nathalie here. I’ve missed you so. Can we meet?

Damn! Not another Bigfoot! It was not going to be easy to mend the two families but for the time being, he’d better avoid Nathalie like plague. He knew she was interested in him but had only been shamelessly using her as a weapon against Kate. And had not thought of the consequences.

I’m sorry I’m busy. My fiancée is back and she might misunderstand. See you around.

It was quite rude the way he had responded back to her but it was his only option. He was already in a fix and did not want to compromise the already delicate situation at any cost. Nathalie was as dangerous as her brother and he did not want to lock horns with the Bigfoot.

Thankfully, Nathalie did not reply back and Aidan instead of sitting like a fool waiting for Kate to text him back decided to get some work done before she was back. But he could hardly wait; he would teach her a lesson.

But as the study door burst open, he had no time to catch his breath as he felt himself on the ground with kisses raining on his face. Not that he was complaining! A man could get used to that kind of greeting every afternoon. But that didn’t mean she could use such tactics to deter him from his goal; he was still going to scold her for having gone to the enemy’s camp without telling him.

After several seconds of letting her have her wicked way with him, he finally pinned her to the ground and climbed on top of her. The tables were now turned and he watched as her eyes grew wide as the her compromising position dawned on her.

“Missed me?” she asked cutely hiding her nervousness very well. If it wasn’t for her pulse beating erratically at her throat, Aidan would never have guessed that she was not as calm as her voice was sounding.

“You had to, hadn’t you?” he asked knowing she must already have an idea that he was aware of where she had been.

“I had to what?” she asked in her most innocent voice wriggling under him in a way that was arousing the hell out of him. Aidan had to make an effort to remain focus. The little vixen was trying to hypnotize him!