Chapter 10: Gatsby

Start from the beginning

"Is this Y/F/N Y/L/N?"

"Yes who is this?"

"My name is Charles Xavier."

You looked over at Peter who was sitting next to mouthing "who is it?". You mouthed back the name of who it was. His eyes got wide as he whispered "Charles Xavier?". You were confused on how Peter knew who he was.

"Okay why are you calling?"

"I'm calling to inform you about my school."

"I'm sorry I didn't apply to your school..."

"Yes, yes I know I find people with special talents and inform them about my school."

"By special talents do you mean being smart?"

"You know what special talents I'm talking about Y/n."

Your heart stopped as he said those words. Did he know you were a mutant? What if he knows that Stryker guy? You grabbed Peter's hand for comfort. He gave you a worried look as he squeezed your hand. He mouthed "what's going on" at you.

"It's okay Y/n, I'm a mutant too."

"What... how..."

"My ability allows me to find other people like us and communicate with them."

"Okay..."

"You can trust me y/n, I'm just here to tell you that if you have any troubles controlling your powers, my school can help."

He seemed to be a trustworthy guy and Peter seemed to know who he was. Maybe you could trust him.

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind."

"By the way, your neighbor across the street..."

"Peter Maximoff?"

Peter placed his head on your shoulder when you mentioned his name.

"Oh good you know each other, he has my card if you ever want to stop by and check out my school."

"He has your card?"

"Yeah he helped me with something a while back."

"Wait were you the guy he broke out of the pentagon?"

Peter picked up his head and gave you wide eyes. He tried to reach for the phone.

"Oh no that was.. Erik.."

"Erik? Erik who?"

"Erik Lens..."

Peter pulled you into a kiss abruptly to distract you as he grabbed the phone out of your hand.

"Thanks Charles!"

Then he hung up the phone quickly.

"Peter!"

He laid back on the bed and sighed.

"You broke Magneto out of the pentagon?"

"Shit."

He sat back up on the bed.

"Okay he's actually not that bad of a guy..."

"Okay I believe you."

"Really? I thought you would be mad."

"Well if he never did what he did in DC the world would have never known about mutants."

"You're right."

Then your mother walked into your room abruptly.

"Who was that on the phone his voice sounded familiar... oh hey Peter I didn't know you were here."