20: Summer Love

Nicole's POV

"Get the almighty fuck out of the middle of the road!" I screamed at the car in front of me.

"Calm down, Nikki!" Sydney said from the seat next to me. Kelly sat in the back.

"No!" I said, "It is almost ten thirty at night, I just want to go to sleep, because I have school and work tomorrow." 

Sydney just laughed at me, and turned on my bluetooth iPhone. Next thing I know, One Direction is blaring through my car. I turned it down just a little bit so that I could hear the traffic around us. 

"LITTLE BLACK DRESS JUST WALKED INTO THE ROOM!" We yell/sang just like old times! 

"So Sydney, there is something we need to tell you," Kelly started, "So our neighbors are-"

"Kelly don't say anything," I interrupted, lucky for us- Sydney wasn't really listening- she was looking out the window at Forever 21, "I want to see what she does with knowing about it."

Kelly nodded her head, "Sydney! How long are you staying?"

"Is it ok, if I stay for the rest of the month, I might be up for a job here in New York, but they want me to do a temporary internship. The greatest interior designer company in New York could want me!" Sydney just got more excited as she kept talking.

I looked at Kelly in the rearview, she nodded her head, "Yea, that will be fine, but do you think that you could help with the food bill? Only if you're getting paid."

"Oh of course!" She said, "I want to help any way I can!"

I smiled and turned up the music a little bit, and about ten minutes, and seven cuss words later, we pulled into the underground parking lot. 

"So Sydney, everyone is probably sleeping so, try to keep it down, ok?" Kelly said pulling Sydney's suitcase out of the trunk. We got to the elevator and Sydney's phone started ringing.

"Kelly will you stay out here with me?" Sydney asked.

Kelly nodded and I took her suitcase up to our apartment. When I got off the elevator, I walked into my apartment and screamed when the guys were on my couch.

"What are you guys doing in here?! How did you guys get in here?!" I asked catching my breath.

"We got in here because you gave us a spare key, well we found it and Kelly let us have it." Louis said. 

"So why are you in here?" I asked grabbing sheets from our closet.

"There was a spider in our flat." Zayn said helping me when the extra blankets fell on me.

"Really?! You guys freaked out because their was a spider, and so your first thought was to come here?" I said walking to the guest room with everyone following me.

"It was a big spider!" Liam said, "So why are you making up the bed?"

"Because our friend, Sydney, is staying with us for the month." I grabbed one end of the fitted sheet and Harry grabbed the cover, "Oh yea, she doesn't know you guys are here."

"So, what do you want us to do about it?" Niall said putting covers on the pillows, with Zayn helping him.

"Well, I kind of want to surprise her, but I am not sure how." We grabbed the other sheet and put it on. Louis and Liam were putting her clothes in the draw.

"I have an idea," Harry said speaking for the first time tonight.

Kelly's POV

So I'm standing outside with Sydney listening to her talk to her mom about how she is here in New York, and blah, blah, blah, I am not really listening because it is cold. By the time she is finished on the phone, my cheeks are so red that I have the most color I have had in about two weeks.

We got on the elevator, while I told Sydney about our time spent in New York. I told her about school, and how it was great living with Nicole and how everyday was filled with laughs.

We got to the top floor, and we got to the door, we walked in. Nicole was making lunches for tomorrow. 

"This place is so cool!" Sydney said.

"Thanks," Nicole said, "Its perfect for the two of us."

She wrapped her arms around my shoulders, "Yea we love it!" I said, "Do you want to see your room?" 

"Yea sure, but can I see the bathroom first?" She asked giving the potty dance.

"Down the hall first door to your left." Nicole said going back to the sandwich's.

Once Sydney was in the bathroom, Nicole threw a piece of ham at me, "Kelly the guys are in her bedroom, they want to play a prank."

"This is going to be great!" I said eating the piece of meat.

Nicole smiled, "I licked that before I threw it at you." 

"Thats ok, wouldn't be the first time we have shared DNA." I said.

She looked back at me, "Its in his DNA D-D-D-NA!"  We started singing for three seconds before Sydney came back into the kitchen.

"Did you guys know that there are iPod docks all over your house?" She looked surpised.

"Yea we know!" Nicole said grabbing her hand, "We put them their, now let me go show your room!" 

We pulled her into her down the hall. We walked right into her room, to see the guys sitting on her bed.