Chapter 2

I wake up the next morning in my bed; the covers next to me empty. He left early again? A note lies on the pillow next to me. I pick it up and skim over it; bored.

Good morning babe,

                I was called into work early. Urgent stuff going on. I left some pieces of toast on the table for you. See you later. If you want we can go to dinner? Call me around 5 and tell me.

                Love, your hubby.

I roll out of bed and slowly shuffle to the kitchen. Burnt looking toast lay on a plate.

“I can never trust him to cook.” I let out a giggle.

I rush to the blinking computer chewing on the burnt toast. When I open it I see my best friend leaving me millions of messages.

Oh my goodness!- L

This is super urgent!!!!-L

Sign on would you!!!!!!!!!-L

What!!!!!-E

Your husband comes into work super early in the morning and leaves super late!!-L

Of course I know that-E

But, what you don’t know is that he stays late with a woman co-worker!-L

A WOMAN!-L

So? Maybe they are working on a project?-E

A project?-L

NO!-L

Come on Lena, me and him have been married for over 3 years.-E

All I want you to do is watch out.-L

I roll my eyes and close down the computer.

“He wouldn’t cheat on me, would he?” I begin to doubt him.

I quickly rush to the phone and punch in his work phone number. He answers sounding tired.

“Are we meeting tonight for dinner?” I almost scream.

“I..I can’t.”

“Can’t?” I say as childish as I can.

“I have to stay late for work.”

When I hear that I hang up the phone without even saying goodbye. I throw the phone across the room feeling cheated.

“He lied!” I yell

Suddenly my hands spring into the air as I think of a crazy idea.

“I’ll surprise him tonight!” I giggle at the crazy idea.