Never Forget You (Nakahara Chuuya)

Start from the beginning

He couldn't help but to smile a bit, watching your peaceful state. He slowly tip toed to the couch as he bent down to stare at your rosy pink lips and cheeks. He observed your flawless long eyelashes, how they showed off each other even in your sleep. Chuuya slipped off his gloves and reached for your locks, gently running his fingers through it.

"God, you didn't have to wait for me... You're so silly sometimes..." he whispered. Suddenly, his fingers began to tremble and his breathing became uneven.

"I-I'm so scared, (F/N).... I don't want to-"

"You don't want to what?" you chirped, making the short fellow jump back in surprise.

"H-How much did you hear that?" he stuttered, shaking in fear.

"When you said you were scared." you lied. You were awake this whole time and faked your sleep. If you told Chuuya that you weren't sleeping properly, he would surely frown upon it. You got off from the furniture and held his cold stone hands with your soft warm ones. Chuuya flushed a bit, but immediately shook off the feeling.

"I knew there was something wrong. You're not acting like yourself. Please, Chuuya... Whatever you have in your mind, please tell me." you begged, staring into his azure eyes.

"Y-You will never understand." was the only thing he whispered.

"Because you never tell me. I'm not a mind reader, Chuuya. I wish I was, especially right now. Why won't you tell me?"

Now that stumped him. "If I told you, you'll be in grave danger. I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

"I don't care about myself! I care about you more, Chuuya! You saved my life, I have to pay you back, this isn't a duty! It's because I-" you were about to say something very important that have been shut inside your chest but he cut you off.

"You idiot!" he shook off your hand, standing up. His eyes were drowned in pain and sorrow. You deeply wished you were a mind reader right now. "I said I don't want to hurt you, do you even want to stay alive?!"

You stood up as well. "Of course I do but seeing you so gloomy and infuriated makes me worried! You mean so much to me Chuuya so please- I'll always be right next to you!"

"I can't, okay?! If I do, it's going to be my fault!"

Now you were starting to get mad as well. Frustration pinched your nose as you reached for his hand again but he slapped it away. It wasn't a strong slap- a weak one in fact. But regardless, you flinched, looking terrified.

Chuuya stepped back in shock as well. "No... No... Just leave me alone..." he quickly gathered his belongings as he stomped out of the room and to the door. You tailed him from behind, watching him shove his foot into his jet black soles.

"Just leave me alone, okay? Don't talk to me." he gave you a slight glance, his eyes narrowed and stepped outside. Just when he was about to close the door, you whispered.

"I love you."

  'Cause once upon a time you were my everything
It's clear to see that time hasn't changed a thing
So what in this world do you think could ever take you off my mind 

After the fight, Chuuya went to Kouyou for advice. Once she heard the news, all she could do was just chuckle in delight as she sipped her tea.

"This isn't funny, onee-san." Chuuya muttered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Of course it is! I thought I treated you about this kind of topic better, Chuuya. I'm disappointed."

Chuuya frowned at that statement. He didn't want his mentor being disappointed in him. "But do you realize what is going on?" he asked.