chapter 4

Jenna's POV

It's quite early on a Monday morning, it's about 9:00am and I'm at work. I'm a tattoo artist and I work at a tattoo shop near where I live. I love working there if I'm honest, the people I work with are great people, since I started working there I've become so close to all of them. Me and this girl called Holly are the only 2 girls who work there, the rest are guys but I'm not complaining.

Holly is drop dead gorgeous, she has short blonde hair which suits her perfectly, she's got beautiful green eyes and she has loads of tattoos dotted around her body. She also has a tall slim figure that is to die for compared to me who's a midget and hardly has a decent figure, I'm just jealous of her looks. She's so much more confident in herself than me because she knows how fucking gorgeous she is, all I can say is that she's the complete opposite to me.

"Jenna, can you come here for a sec please?" Michael who is one of the three guys I work with shouted at me from the side of the shop and snapped me out of my thoughts. I lifted my head up from the desk and looked at him.

"What's up? I asked as I then wondered over to him.

"Do you think this is okay?" he asked me nervously as he held up a stencil/drawing of a fully bloomed rose vine with doves flying around it, it was truly beautiful and the detail he had put into it was ridiculously good. He is genuinely one of the best tattoo artists working here or probably that I've ever met in a long time.

"Dang dude, that is so beautiful but you really need to have more confidence in your drawings Mike, you don't give yourself enough credit for your amazing talent" I smiled as I patted his back and he gave me a warm smile back.

"Thank-you Jen, I just like to have your opinions on my drawings" he stated. Mike is the one I'm closest to at the shop, he's like my big brother. He's such a great guy and is always there for me, which I appreciate. Mike is also a very gorgeous man, I always thought he would be a good male model but he's not really that kind of guy at all. He has short brown hair, dreamy blue eyes and he has stubble, which is to die for in my opinion and has 2 full sleeves of tattoos. He's also quite tall, I'd say about 6ft, if I wasn't with Adam I would go for him any day.

"Well I absolutely love it!" I grinned.

"Thank-you Jen, it really does mean a lot coming from you, your opinion means the most to me. I want to tattoo it on someone though" he said. Then a brilliant idea came to my head.

"Well why don't you tattoo it on me? I've been wanting a new tattoo for ages now and I seriously adore that drawing of yours" I suggested. It's true though, I've been wanting to get a new tattoo for months now but I never get the time to have it done since I'm so busy at the shop.

"Yes yes yes! That would be awesome and I haven't tattooed you before either" he grinned for ear to ear.

"Well I'm not busy right now, why don't we get it done?" I asked with a smile.

"Sounds like a plan, come on then" he grinned. He got all the equipment that he needed out and sorted it all out then placed the stencil on my ribs, since that is where I asked for it to be. I looked in the mirror after he put it on and it looked truly amazing there.

"I love it Mike, lets get this shit done!" I grinned and sat back down on the chair then let Michael do his tattooing magic on me.

After about an hour or so of casual chit-chat between us it was finally done. I wondered over to the mirror excitedly for a second time and glanced at my new tattoo. I was stunned, I was truly in love with it and I just can't wait to show Alex! I think this is officially my favourite tattoo.

"Thankyou!! I love it so much Mike" I literally squealed with excitement.

"I'm so glad you like it, I'm really happy I finally got to tattoo it on someone" he smiled. I was about to pull him into a tight hug but considering I've just had my ribs tattooed on, it wouldn't have been my smartest idea.

"Jen you have a customer!" Holly shouted from the counter. I turned round to see her standing next to a small young girl. I walked over and we started to talk about what she wanted.

~~~~

I had left work about an hour later and I was now finally home. Alex's car was in the driveway so I knew he was home, I'm just excited to show him my new tattoo, he loves all of my tattoos. I hopped out of my car and locked it afterwards, I then walked to the front door and opened it.

"I'm home!!" I shouted loudly so he would hear me wherever he was in the huge house we live in. I heard heavy footsteps then saw him peer round the corner.

"Hey, how was work?" he asked and walked over to me.

"Pretty good, guess what I got?" I asked him excitedly. He looked at me with a concentrated face.

"A puppy?" he suddenly suggested with a massive grin, he loves dogs and has always wanted to get one, I was planning on surprising him by getting him one for his birthday next month.

"No" I laughed which made him pout "look at this" I then added and lifted up my shirt slightly to reveal my newly tattooed ribs. He looked at it and the massive smile reappeared on his face almost instantly.

"Jen, that's so awesome!!" he said happily.

"I know, Mike did it for me!" I said.

"He did a fucking good job as well" he said as he examined my tattoo. He ran his rough fingers over it and I slapped him because it still stung a little, he whined when I did.

"What was that for?!" he whined.

"It still hurts you dork, I only had it done about an hour ago" I said. He just pouted and walk into the kitchen like a little child. I followed suit behind him and sat on one of the stools.

"So, how was your day?" I asked him, just taking in his appearance in front of me. His hair was messily done as always but still looks good on him, he was wearing a glamour kills t-shirt and a pair of jeans, he could seriously make anything look good. He was looking extra good today though.

Wait.. am I checking him out?

"It was okay, just consists of writing new music for our new album" he smiled, his smile will be the death of me I swear.

"You have to let my hear some when you finish" I said. The guys are writing a new All Time Low album and they've nearly done everything expect they haven't come up with a name for it yet.

"Of course, you're always the first to hear them, your opinion means the most to me Jen" he smiled. That was the cutest thing he's ever said to me, ergh why is he so cute?

did I just call my bestfriend cute?

Recently my mind has been playing up, I keep looking at Alex in a different way which is so bad, but I can't help it. I know he's my bestfriend and I have a boyfriend but I think I may have small feelings developing for Alex.

This seriously can't be happening to me. I have a boyfriend.

"Aw Alex you lil cutie" I said and pinched his cheeks like he was a baby, he pulled a playful disgusted face as I did it but he then bursted out laughing, his laugh is infectious. I started laughing at him and he wasn't having any of it so he caught me by surprise by chucking me over his shoulder and running around like a lunatic. I tried to escape from his grip but he's way too strong for me so I gave up trying in the end and ended up laughing along with him.

~~1 week later~~

It's now a Saturday and I haven't seen Adam in a couple days so I was going to visit him at his house to surprise him because I'm such a great girlfriend like that.

I soon arrived at Adams place and parked my car next to his in the driveway. I jumped out and walked over to the door. I knock on the front door and waited but there was no answer, I knew he was in because his car was here, maybe he's sleeping? I knocked again but again there was still no answer. Then I suddenly remembered that he kept a spare key under his plant pot beside his door, so I quickly grabbed it and happily let myself in. As I walk in the door I saw a pair of woman's shoes, in the hallway. They're not my shoes that's for sure.

He has another girl over?

"Hey babe?" I shouted, but still no answer, this is getting strange now. Then all of a sudden I heard a loud noise, a girl moaning? I instantly felt a bit sick not wanting to know if it was what I thought I heard. I quietly creeped up the stairs and the noises got louder, I'm not sure that I want to see what's behind that door. I opened it anyways and my heart completely sank and shattered into a million pieces, Adam was in bed with an another woman. Tears had started to fall, I tried to stop them but it didn't work, I just felt completely broken.

How could he do this after all we've been through together?

"How could you!?" I spat, loud enough to catch his attention, as soon as he saw it was me his face turned into complete shock. The girl gasped and quickly tried to cover herself up.

"Oh my god, um babe, it's not what you think" he said as he jumped off the bed and put a pair of pants on to cover himself up. I just scoffed and stood there disgusted, why did I even waste my time on him?

"Oh, so did you accidentally fall in between her legs?" I asked sarcastically. I waited for him to answer but he just looked too shocked for the fact that I actually caught him to respond to my question "you know what? fuck you Adam, I never want to see your face again!" I spat but tears were still rapidly falling. I hurried off as quickly as I could and left the house, but before I walked out of the door I felt a hand grab my wrist firmly to stop me from leaving.

"Don't leave me Jen please, don't do this, I love you so much, you know I do" he was practically begged.

"I thought you did but obviously not enough for you to go off and cheat on me with some stupid slut" I growled. Then all of a sudden his facial expression changed from sadness to anger.

"You know what? you're no angel yourself Jen, I see the way you and Alex are together, please don't tell me there is nothing going on between you two" he said in the same tone that I used. My face dropped, how could he say that to me, he knows Alex is just my bestfriend and only that.

"Don't you dare say that to me, you know fully well that me and Alex are just bestfriends and nothing else, I was actually faithful in this relationship, unlike you" I spat. Anger and sadness was rushing over me.

"You always look at him the way you look at me, with love.. so don't say there is nothing there between you two" he half shouted.

"I actually loved you Adam, yes I love Alex but as a brother and a bestfriend, nothing else, I can't believe you out of all people are accusing me of cheating" I shouted angrily "Alex has been my bestfriend since high school, nothing would happen between us, it was always you that I loved" I added in the same tone of voice. I then saw the girl creep down the stairs to try and leave.

"Oh and I hope you're happy with yourself for ruining a relationship you stupid slut" I shouted to her "but I wouldn't advise that you waste your time on him though, he's not worth it" I added and snatched my wrist out of Adams grip then left them standing there, I could feel her death glare from behind me as I walked away. I was being genuine to her if I'm honest, if she wants to get involved with him she can but I wouldn't advise her to, he'd probably cheat on her as well. I quickly jumped in my car and drove away from the man I truly thought that I loved.

How did this all happen so quickly?

Halfway home, it all got way too much for me. I started to completely break down again, tears were blurring my vision and I started to panic so I had no choice but to pull over before I crashed my car. I sat there for a few minutes with my head in my hands just balling my eyes out.

How could he do his to me? to us?

Did our relationship actually mean anything to him? obviously not or he wouldn't have cheated. After a while I eventually calmed myself down and stopped myself from crying. Then I started my car back up again and drove back home to my bestfriend, the only person I need right now.

When I got home I opened the door and slammed it shut. I was now angry about it all, my emotions are all over the place today, I just couldn't control it. I walked into the lounge and threw myself on the couch and silently cried into a pillow so Alex wouldn't hear me. I just don't want him worrying, I know he'd say 'I told you so' if I told him that Adam cheated on me and I don't want to hear that right now. I kind of knew something like this would happen because I never have any luck with relationships but I genuinely thought Adam was different to most guys, I just feel completely humiliated now. I just sat there for a few minutes until Alex came wondering in, I quickly wiped the tears away but my red puffy eyes gave it away anyway.

"Jen what's wrong?" he asked with a worried tone as he rushed to my side, all I did was burst into tears again, I felt so fragile. I really hated this.

"A-Adam, he, he ch-cheated on me" I cried and threw myself into Alex's chest because he makes me feel safe, he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight "a-after all we've been through together, h-he decides to treat m-me like this, I feel like a c-complete idiot now" I stuttered through floods of tears. My breathing became heavy and I felt really dizzy from all the crying I've done in the last hour. I decided to leave the part where Adam accused me cheating on him with Alex because that would cause more drama and I seriously can't handle that right now. He then started to get up.

"What a fucking dick, I'll kill-" he started to say angrily but I cut him off and pulled him back down.

"You're not going to do anything Alex, I don't want you to go anywhere near him and make things worse, just leave it please?" I practically begged, I just want to forget Adam now but Alex isn't making it easy.

"But he cheated on you Jen, that scumbag can't just get away with doing that to my frickin' bestfriend" he said sternly. I knew he was completely right, Adam shouldn't be able to get away with what he did but I just want to cuddle my bestfriend right now and forget about him.

"Please Alex, just leave it for now, I couldn't give a flying fuck what you do tomorrow I just need my bestfriend right now to cuddle me and cheer me up?" I said more like a question with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, only because you know I can't resist them damn puppy dog eyes" he said and pulled me into a long warm hug. I cuddled up to him and we just sat together in a comfortable silence, Alex always made me feel safe in his arms. It was totally normal for us to cuddle all the time but lately things with Alex have feel really different, ever since I thought about Alex differently everything makes me think differently about him, like hugs with him have a much bigger meaning than they used to for me, I just hope this doesn't make things awkward for me. It's all messing with my head and I don't know what to think or do.

It's totally innocent and normal to have a slight crush on your bestfriend, right?

I just ended up cuddling with Alex for for rest of the day enjoying the time I had with him and him cheering me up like he always does when I'm upset. He did his best to cheer me up and forget about Adam but it was always lingering in my mind, I just couldn't forget about it. But all I care about now is that I have Alex and he's the bestest friends ever, I'm so lucky to have him.