𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Hermione sat alone in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express in an attempt to get away from people. To be alone. That's all she could ask for right now and she needed her friends to respect that. She stared out the window as the train ran beside rolling hills. Hermione hugged her knees to her chest, getting as much body heat as she could.

She hadn't had anything to eat all day. She didn't want to eat, she had to appetite. She'd grow nauseous at the thought of food most of the time, only eating when she felt like she really needed to. Hermione glanced down at her pale fingers that played with the hem of her robes.

She thought she heard the door slide open but ignored it, burying herself further into the corner of the compartment. Then she was sure that someone had entered because she felt the seat move. Someone was next to her.

Hermione trembled, slowly turning her head to face the 'guest'. Sad brown eyes met stormy grey. Draco Malfoy, of course. Of all people that could have come in right now, she was stuck with the worst. Enemy since the first year, former death eater, Draco Lucius Malfoy.

Hermione gulped, looking at him. He smirked at her, making her face go red. She flinched as he adjusted himself in the seat.

"Didn't think you'd be alone." He muttered, tapping his foot on the floor.

"What do you want?" Hermione said, looking away from him and down at the floor, still shaking.

"Why do you assume I want something?" He asked.

"I asked you a question first," Hermione stated, looking nervously at the ground.

"Well, I was born first," Draco stated, smirking at her.

Hermione gave him an are you serious look. He snickered at her, standing up to leave.

"So that's it?" Hermione asked, "Just came her to tell me that you're older then me?"

For a tiny moment, having this conversation with her made her forget about the death of her parents. She felt like things were back to normal. In fact, she could go back and forth with him all day and get amusement out of it. She mentally slapped herself. This is Malfoy, you shouldn't be enjoying this.

"No, I was just wondering why the golden girl was sitting alone all mopey and sad," Draco said "Telling you that I'm older was just a plus." With that he left, the door sliding shut.

Now that he was gone, reality dropped like a boulder onto Hermione. She buried her face into her knees. She felt useless, she got through the war knowing that she'd be able to get her parents back. They were her only motivation to keep going. But now they're gone.

She felt tears threaten to leave her eyes but she refused to let them. She blinked, failing at her task of keeping back tears. A single tear fell down the side of her cheek, dropping onto her shirt. She didn't bother wiping her face. Hermione clenched her teeth, dry sobbing, pain in her jaw.

Just a little A/N: Once I get further into the story the chapters will get longer... I just don't have much to write yet :/