-0-

I wake up to sunlight and a throbbing headache. I opened my eyes, and quickly sat up to find myself in a meadow, with a dark forest to my right. I had absolutely no idea who is was, where I was, how I got, or why I was here. I laid back down trying to will my headache away. It seemed so peaceful, so normal, but it seemed so...wrong. Like someone created a fake world to escape the real world.
   "A fake world..." I said out loud. A memory suddenly popped in my head, but it was annoyingly murky. The more I tried to concentrate on it, but it was slipping away. I tried to stand up, only for my hand to light up in pain. I looked down. In the middle of my hand was a dark blue gem that sparkled in the sunlight. I didn't remember much but I definitely knew that was not supposed to be there. Before I could look at it more closely, I heard a low growl behind me.
    I whipped around to see a wolf behind me. It growled again and edged closer to me. I tried to step back, but it growled again. I stood frozen in fear. Before I can think of an escape plan, the wolf charges at me. I put up my hand in an attempt to shield my face and hear a mechanical sound, and an explosion. I open my eyes, to see pieces of the wolf everywhere and my hand as a...gun? I was staring at it when I heard someone walk up behind me.
   "No one came to Arcus like that before."