The presence of musical instruments caught my interest. Not all institutions put importance on the enhancement of musical skills.

2.       Which gadgets/materials are you already confident to use/operate?

I know how to use the multimedia ( TV and DVD) and the computers, as well as the 2 Dimensional materials ( flashcards, flannel board, etc).

3.       Which ones do you feel you need to learn about?

I feel I need to learn on how to play some musical instruments to impart other skills to the students.

4.       Read an article about your answer in number 3. Paste a copy of the article here.

How To Play Violin For Beginners

If you looking for how to play violin for beginners keep reading below. For those who love music, it is easy to understand the fascination with the violin. It produces a beautiful sound, is relatively small compared to other instruments, and can be used to play almost any song. In fact, it can play most of the classics and many of the modern songs. Moreover, the violin is also a very important instrument in any orchestra, making up a sizeable portion of the entire group. So if you are one of those who have become eager to master this instrument, read on to find out how.

The very first step is to be familiar with your violin. Its most important components are the body, the fingerboard, the strings, and the pegs. The body is the main sound chamber, while the fingerboard is where you press your fingers to alter the string’s pitch. Meanwhile, the pegs are used to tune the strings to the E,G,D, and A notes. As for the bow, the main parts are the frog, where you grip the bow, and the bow hair, which glides along the strings and vibrates them. Consult a picture for more accurate representations.

The second step is to learn how to tune your violin. As previously noted, the strings are tuned to the E,G,D, and A notes. The intervals between them is what is known as a perfect fifth (the distance between the lower note and five lines and spaces above it). G is the thickest and lowest string, D is next to it, followed by A, and then E, the thinnest and highest-pitched string. Tuning is usually started with the A string, using a tuning fork, tune pipe or a piano. In a properly tuned piano, the A string corresponds to the first A key to the right of the middle C key. You can now locate the other strings relative to this. Now, gradually tighten or loosen the corresponding peg until you have tuned all the strings.

The third step is to learn how to hold the violin. Your left hand should grip the fingerboard, at around the neck area, with the top of the left thumb being slightly visible. The black chin rest should be positioned below your jaw. To provide support for the violin’s weight, your left shoulder should be located under the chin rest. Now, keep the violin level using your left hand. As for the bow, your right thumb should be on the inside part of the bow, right where the frog is located. Your three middle fingers should lie outside the bow. The index finger should lie on top of the bow stick, at the level of the second joint, while the pinkie finger should also be on top, near the adjustment screw.

Now it’s time to play. If you have not done so, apply some rosin on your bow to ensure a good sound. Then, place the bow approximately halfway between the bridge and the fingerboard, slightly tilted toward the scroll. Choose a string by raising or lowering your elbow to the appropriate height, and then pull the bow along that string as straight as you can, parallel to the bridge, while maintaining a slight downward pressure. At first, you should try to play open strings (no finger pressed down). Then, once you can play one string at a time without touching the other strings, you can proceed to practice scales.