"So after school?" He asks again and I sigh, finally giving in.

"I guess so," I nod dismissively.

"Jason?" Ava shifts in her seat to face us once again, finally speaking up for the first time.

"She speaks," he notes smugly and Ava scolws, giving Jason a cold glare. She sighs and shakes her head, clearly not in her right state of mind right now.

"Why's Elliot not on the field?" She asks, cleraly putting her curiosity above her disliking towards Jason.  He briefly glances over at Elliot then back at Ava.

"He quit," he says simply.

"Quit?" Ava asks, astonished. Why would Elliot quit? He's always been on the team and by the looks of it, he enjoyed it too. So why would he quit right when season started?

"Yup," he answers, putting emphasis on the 'P'.

"Huh," Ava mutters, looking distracted and off into a world of her own once again.

"You gonna eat that?" Jason asks in regard to my lasagne.

"Yes I'm going to eat that," I scold, effectively turning my arm into a protective barrier around my food. Jason laughs and I hear Ava chuckle slightly, a welcoming sound coming from my recently depressive best friend. She knows how I get when it comes to food.

Jason then stands and Noah frowns, looking displeased with his man-crush leaving.

"I'm gonna go grab some food, I'm starving. See you at three," he exclaims, saluting me as he walks off towards the queue.

"Mhmm," Noah moans appreciatively, watching Jason as he strides confidently across the room. "He so wants me," he huffs, muttering under his breath and I lightly chuckle.

I've got to say, if I didn't dislike Jason so much I would actually admit out loud that he's attractive, but for now I'll just keep it to myself. Good looks must run in the family, I can't think of even one of Dylan's relatives that I could actually class as unattractive.

*

After luckily getting to spend my last lesson of the day with Dylan, we are now saying our goodbyes. From the corner of my eye I spot Haley speaking animatedly with Jason, he's just nodding along as she speaks. I don't know why but I don't like the look of this.

"You call me if you need anything ok?" Dylan kisses my forehead, stroking my hair with his hand.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself," I smirk.

"Oh you can, can you? Is that why I had to save you from almost drowning only two weeks ago?" He shakes his head, almost as if he's admonishing me but the ghost of a smile tracing his lips tells me otherwise.

"Hey, if I remember correctly-- which I do-- I seem to recall that that was your fault," I poke his chest and he grabs my finger, pulling me into an embrace.

"I guess you're right, but I'm serious. Call me and I'll be over in less than five minutes, ok?" I smirk and he looks quizzingly at me. "What?" He asks, looking confused yet amused. Huh, that rhymed.

"Your house is like, at least fifteen minutes away," I chuckle and the corner of his lips curl upwards into a cute, half-smile as he reaches for my chin and tips my head up so we're eye to eye. The clearing of a throat disrupts Dylan and he closes his eyes annoyedly, resting his forehead on mine.

"We should get going," Jason intrudes and Dylan tenses. He looks me in the eyes again and I see the reluctance in them.

"One call," he mutters, releasing me from his warm embrace. I peck his lips lightly and step back as I make my way to Jason, sensing Dylan's eyes on me every step of the way.