four;

"I trust you won't make any foolish moves," he whispered, pointing down at the few people below us. A couple sat under the tree we resided in, kissing each other passionately. A man with flaming red hair caught my eye, almost causing me to lose my balance on the rickety branch. He wore glasses and was quite muscular but short for his age. Jack caught me gazing at the man and he growled a warning, making sure that I wasn't planning anything stupid.

      "You said we're trying to be secretive and all, but you happen to choose the literal biggest and most eye-catching tree around?" I grinned at my father. He simply shrugged and craned his neck to look at the setting sun from the brush. Soon, the tree was covered in a blanket of pure darkness, only a small light still radiating from the enchanting moon. Every park-goer had decided to leave besides the red haired man. He laid next to the trunk of our tree, gazing dreamily at the night sky. His sparkling eyes had put me in some sort of trance, causing me to pay no attention the the fact that the limb under my heavy body was slowly bending.

      "Y/N!" I head Jack's voice yelp as a large crack emitted from the wood. I cried out in surprise as the limb and I hit the ground, a warm body breaking my fall.

      "Ow," a gruff voice moaned beneath me. I lept up and scanned the scene with utter bewilderment. The man layed sprawled out under the branch, staring up at me with wonder and a hint of pain in his eyes.

      "Oh my gosh-" I whined, gripping the branch and attempting to pull it off the man. I succeeded and threw it off to the side, the man still crippled in pain. "A-Are you okay?" I asked, realizing that it was the first time I had ever came in contact with anyone besides my father.

      "Yeah..." he slowly assured me, propping his body against the tree. "What happened?" As quick as I could, I thought of an excuse.

      "Um, I was c-climbing the tree and I accidentally lost my footing on a broken bough... S-Sorry," I choked out, earning a kind chuckle.

      "Well, I might be mad if you weren't so sweet," I was taken aback by his words. Maybe all men were like this? "The name's Mark," he coughed. "Do I know you?"

      "I don't think so-" I was cut off by a screech from the top of the tree.

      "Y/N! HOME. NOW." Jack wasn't in my viewing range, but I knew he was there so without another word, I ran. Down the main path, out the park, down the sidewalk, and to the little abandoned apartment complex we called home.