17. Three's not a Crowd

Start from the beginning

As soon as we took a step out of the carpet, we whirled around to look for the creature. It was now outside of the cave, its wings opened as far as possible, and it was flying up towards the sky, screeching continuously. Its screech had a different vibe this time as if it was scared the snow might hurt it.

An idea framed in my mind. I turned to discuss it with Leena. But she was already looking at me, smilingly as if she understood what I was thinking.

"Ready?" she asked, stroking her chain holding aquamarine.

"You bet!"

"Be careful, both of you," said Pruthvi, "And call me after you are done!"

Leena and I ran down the hill as soon as Pruthvi on Hardik glided aside.

"Flame formation!" I cried out to lure the creature towards me. I was successful in catching its attention and it glided with the jet speed towards me.

I loudly commanded my stone, focusing towards the snow, "Fire explosive formation!"

The white snow started melting. I was careful enough to run aside without slipping myself into the freezing water. My fire was still there and creature was almost ready to attack me...

"Tidal wave formation!"

I heard Leena's command and I had to jump aside from the immense force she had created. The melted water loomed up into a giant wave, drifting towards the creature. I looked up at Leena. She was still concentrating on water to make it rise till it reached its prey. The fire creature was stuck between the waves, screeching and writhing only this time out of pain.

I have never seen Leena using her stone so fiercely before. I always knew my fire was nothing before her watery powers but now being a team to defeat someone or something was making me feel immensely proud. Watching her being so aggressive, my confidence piled up. I smiled proudly at her and continued to help her by melting the snow.

"Whirlpool formation!"

The monster seemed to have given up to fight back. Its fire was diminishing gradually. Leena found the best chance. She created a giant water rolling whirlpool within the huge piled of melting snow. As I was watching I understood she was trying to dump the creature inside it.

But she was struggling to push the monster into it. Her knees began to shake and her hands felt heavy. I decided to join her. Even though I knew it could be dangerous, even though I was asked not use the command until and unless the situation got worse, I command my stone with my most ferocious attack ever.

"Eternal fire Brigade Formation!"

My body burnt, my head ached inexplicably. Celina had ordered me never to use this command for it could be nothing but suicidal.

Leena was trying too hard to finish of the creature. I cannot let her take all the pain. I had to do something to make the creature vulnerable.

A battalion of thousand-degree fire bullets appeared out of my fingers, charging towards the creature with a super speed that I presumed one or two bullets might knock me down too. But I stayed strong and I focused as she came into my mind again. I was trying hard not to get diverted from watching her beautiful face. But this time she looked different. Her eyes were watery and her lips began to move.

"I am still waiting for you! Please! Help me!"  

Hearing her soft but painful voice made my heart ache. I didn't know who she was, I didn't know where she was. Heck, I didn't even know if she existed in this world. But yes, now that I have been seeing her every other day inside my brain, I couldn't deny with the fact that she was turning out to be a big part of my life.