15. Confrontation

Start from the beginning

We stopped on our tracks, completely flabbergasted.

"Why would you do that?" Tyrell asked before I could, trying to maintain his sense of calm.

I really didn't understand what she was so smug about. Really, wouldn't talking about Shourya make these people hostile towards us, especially when they had just recently suspected us in Theodore Hanslay's death?

"Don't worry," she continued, placing her hands inside the pockets of her jacket, "I took care of everything. Let's just say we are almost about to meet him."

I asked, curiously  "What did you find out?"

"Uilani Hill," she replied, "That is where Shourya and his men are mostly spotted especially in the mornings."

"And where is the hill supposed to be?"

She smiled and pointed behind the bar. "We are right next to it."

I followed her finger. The bar was right next to a mountain. I remembered not seeing the bar as it blended with the mountain background.  Without staying stunned for too long, we started making our way towards it as fast as we could. As we were almost approaching the rock face, a huge pile of snow detached itself and fell swiftly below within a blink of an eye. We stepped back quickly, watching it fall. We weren't so eager anymore, especially in the face of a probable avalanche.

"Guys, I have a question," said Tyrell, hitting a small rock that was on his way upfront "Let's say we find Shourya and he provides us with the information about the location of Maiden's Cup, but without Leena, what's the use?"

"Cup in our hands is half work done, Tyrell," I said, "We can ask Leena and Pruthvi to come back here, cure the disease and together search for his sister."

"I will contact her," said Celina, "I think it's time we group up."   

She tried to contact both of them. She tried it twice but neither Leena nor Pruthvi responded. She was getting worried now and that fear and uncertainty filled us too.

While she kept on trying to reach them, Tyrell picked a large sturdy stick from the snow pile. He tested on his knee comically.

"What is that for?" I asked him.

"For balance and defense!" He replied.

"Aren't you supposed to be a Samagraha?" I asked, biting inside of my cheek.

"I will need it for my stealthy ninja skills when I am not using my powers," he replied solemnly.

I must have had a profound expression on my face at his nonsense that it was Celina's sputtering chortle brought me back.   

"I hope they are okay," she said, apprehensively, "Neither Leena nor Pruthvi are responding."

"It's a hilly area," I said, watching her getting tensed, "It should be tough to get connected. Don't worry they should be fine."

"It's not a telephone, Hayden," said Tyrell, with a mocking voice, "It doesn't work like that."

I made a face. I was just trying to calm Celina down, but Tyrell was being a pinhead.

Before we climbed the hill to its apex, I strictly asked both of them to stay closer to one another and never to go out of sight. Shourya was a dangerous person. I didn't want to give him a free opportunity to trick me and my friends again.

On finding three huge rocks which hid us but allowed us to sit comfortably and view the surroundings, we sat there waiting for the Shourya to make an appearance. I softly sighed as an invisible terror acquainted with me. I was going to meet Shourya again. I knew I had less than half a percent chance of meeting him today, but I was sure, if we met this time, our conversation was going to be wild. He worked for Shashi and yet he acted as if he was helping us. I wanted to know what his real intentions were. I wanted to know whose side he actually was-mine or Shashi Thribhuvan?