{|1|}

 Brooklyn drove her shiny Volvo through the streets of Mystic Falls, Virginia

 Brooklyn drove her shiny Volvo through the streets of Mystic Falls, Virginia. The town looked completely wrecked. Houses looked charred on one side of the street- some were in ashes completely. The houses on the other side of the street were covered in graffiti and blood, and had human and animal carcasses rotting on the overgrown lawns. 

 The next street she went down looked like it was under construction. Houses were being painted, rebuilt, or remodeled. She just hoped none of the destruction had reached her home. Her brother had promised he wouldn't let anything happen- but a few years ago, he could've been the cause of all this destruction. 

 Her car was running low on gas- and it didn't look like there was a gas station between her and her destination. She pulled into the only civilized looking place she could find. The Mystic Grille looked promising, not only because it was the only place that looked like it had life inside, but also because there was a Ford pickup truck with the Mystic Falls Police Department logo on the sides. She turned the car off and took a deep breath. *This isn't a good idea* she thought. *He's too unpredictable- he's been through too much. I'm just another painful reminder of his past.* 

 She almost reached to turn the car on- then the words came back to her- the words she'd been telling herself since she decided to make this trip, *I'm not here for a visit- this is important information that he has to know.* She exhaled , pushing some of the hair that had fallen out of her side braid behind her ears. She opened the door and stepped out with purpose.

 Matt sat on the bar stool at The Mystic Grille. Now that the town was under construction, he had less vampires to deal with- but that meant more wedding plans to make. 

 He loved Reyna, but he detested the wedding plans. He didn't even get the point. Reyna was a vampire hunter/ police officer, she'd never made any friends. His parents and sister were dead, Elena was in her coma, Bonnie was on the run with Enzo, Damon wouldn't come to his wedding anyway, Tyler was a massive jerk- and busy running a hybrid pack in New York, Stefan was on the run with Valerie. Caroline, Alaric, and Jeremy are the only one's who said that they'd come. Jeremy had offered to stand in for Elena and Stefan. 

 He was truly alone here. Except for Reyna. Which may have been why he jumped to getting married so quickly. He took another swig of his drink and looked around The Grill. 

  The Grille was nearly full- people were coming back. People were coming back, and their houses were less than presentable- they weren't even livable. The door opening caught Matt's eye. He half expected for Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena to come in, laughing about some inside joke. But instead, a girl walked in. This girl was beautiful- average height, brown hair in a beautiful braid. She was wearing a romper, with a denim jacket, brown sandals, and carrying a brown leather cross-body purse. She pulled her sunglasses off and put them in her purse, then he noticed her wearing a simple silver necklace with a heart locket hanging off the silver chain. 

 Brooklyn scanned the room after taking off her sunglasses. She felt eyes staring at her- and held back an eye roll. *Humans are so gullible* She met a pair of ocean blue eyes. The prettiest pair of eyes she'd ever seen. He had blonde hair, and he definitely put in a lot of time at the gym. She'd bet her lapis lazuli ring he was the All-American boyscout type. 

 She spotted the logo on his jacket. *Bingo* She walked straight to the bar and sat down right next to him. He glanced at her and turned back to the bar again. 

 "Can I help you?" the bartender asked. 

 She internally rolled her eyes at his OBVIOUS double meaning. "I could really use some scotch," she said smiling gratefully. The bartender glanced at the sheriff next to her. Then he nodded and hurried off. 

 "Aren't you a little young for... alcohol?" The sheriff asked. 

 She chuckled and pulled her ID out of her purse. "I'm overage- I promise." She winked and gave him a big smile. She put her hands on the bar and started fiddling with her lapis lazuli ring. 

 "What are you doing in Mystic Falls?" Matt asked after she'd gotten her drink. 

 "I'm... looking for someone- I'm delivering a message." She said before taking a swig of her drink. 

 "Haven't you heard of texting and social media?" he asked sarcastically. 

 "This message- it needs to be delivered in person... trust me." She muttered staring at her glass, eyebrows furrowed.  

 "Must be important," he said, taking a swig of his drink. 

 Brooklyn nodded "My car is almost out of gas- it can't get me to where I need to go. Which is why I came to you. Maybe you can help me get there? In small towns like this the sheriff usually know where everyone lives," 

 "I'll do my best. Who're you looking for?" He asked.

 "I'm looking for Damon Salvatore," she said looking up at his face. His face had contorted to an expression of worry, anger, confusion, shock, and curiousity. 

 "Is everything okay, sheriff?" She asked worriedly. 

 "What do you want with... him?" He asked almost coldly.

 "He's my brother,"

________________________________________________________________________________

YAY! Finally got around to posting that! I hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you think! 

Question for this chapter: Which TVD ship do you feel most strongly about, and why? Remember- you don't have to answer- but if you want to- plz do!!