Chapter 14

Okay so I have to up the reads for every chapter because the updates gets 40 reads the first day, which is awesome. Thank you! So maybe every 60 reads I'll update? Cool. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Vote, comment, inbox me if you want. Have a lovely day!

Lana's POV

I had started to sober up so I could get Marina safely home.

She, on the other hand, had not.

She was beyond wasted, and it was so adorable.

She was dancing and running and laughing and crying and screaming and shouting and it was so cute.

At about 3 in the morning we put out the fire, and everyone drove home.

Marinas head bounced every time we hit a bump in the road, but she was sound asleep.

I pulled into her driveway, contemplating as to wether or not I should leave her here. After all, the bastard cheated on her.

I decided to take her home with me.

When we arrived, I lifted her out of the car bridal style, and her head buried into my neck.

I opened the front door, as best I could and laid her down on the bed.

She mumbled slightly, slowly waking up.

I went to shut the door when I heard her say

"No please. Stay with me tonight." it was groggy and difficult to make out what she was saying, but I went to the kitchen and grabbed some Advil and water and brought it to her.

She smiled lightly and drank it.

I crawled up next to her, and she snuggled against my chest.

"I can hear your heartbeat. It's fast."

I giggled.

"It's cos your next to me. You make my heart race." I whispered into her hair.

"That was really cheesy." she whispered back.

We both chuckled.

"Thanks for tonight. I had a lot of fun." she said quietly.

"Sure." I said softly back.

A slight silence filled the air, and all I could hear was our breathing.

"How long have you known about Brendon?" I asked quietly.

She inhaled sharply.

"A few months."

I choked.

"Months?" I said infuriated, and lifting her light body off of me.

She straddled me now.

"Marina why haven't you left him?" I said raising my voice.

"Ow that hurts." she said putting fingers to her temples and rubbing them gently.

"Baby.. You need to leave him." I whispered pulling her chin up to face me.

"Thats exactly what you want isn't it?" she said back.

"I want you to have the best. He doesn't deserve you." I said back.

"You do?" she snapped.

It was quiet.

"No. But I can love you endlessly and fiercely. I would never hurt you. I would tell you your beautiful everyday and mean it. And I wouldn't be able to control myself from kissing you every second. I would never cheat on you." I stated.

She looked up at me.

I looked at her mouth. Her sweet mouth.

She looked into my eyes.

And this, I think, I felt was the right time.

I leaned my head in slowly, and connected my lips against hers.

She didn't kiss back, but she didn't stop me either.

It was slightly odd that she was just sitting there, while I was trying to show her how much I love her.

But then, she kissed back.

And I smiled, and so did she.

And it was perfect.

We didn't do anything but kiss.

But we kissed for a while.

I knew it was just her handling the pain, because Brendon mistreats her, and she just wants to be loved, even if she doesn't love me, but I didn't care. I was kissing an angel.

And I can't remember who fell asleep first, but that's how it happened.

And I love her.