Chapter 13- First Halloween, Last Doubt

——————

**********************

I know this chapter is coming in very late, however like some people here go to school, I work full time and sadly, sometimes work comes first- I mean, work actually pays the bills while this is just a past-time (sadly). Anywho, here is Chapter 13!

**********************

 ——————

Devil's Night. Halloween. Day of the Dead. October 30th, 31st and November 1st. Three days which the entire family seemed to be looking forward to. Three days that I did not yet understand the importance of. It didn't matter how often I asked questions or how different the questions were, the answer was always the same: ''Just wait. You'll see! I can guarantee you that you'll enjoy it!''

Alexanne, her friends Brittany and Tanya along with Hayley pulled me into a Halloween store. It was designed to look like a mausoleum; on the wall-shelves where urns would have been placed, were jars filled with different sort of sweets made to look like organs or other gruesome things. A few caskets were placed around the room to act as tables; some were made of glass and displayed shelves of colors lenses, fake teeth and jewelery while others had drawers to store make-up, fake blood, nail polish and nail extensions. Against one wall hung a variety of colored wigs and just beside that stood multiple racks of costumes. Everything you could think of in shape, size and color seemed available.

Plastic bats were hung from the ceiling and the passing of customers caused a drift that seemed to give them life. Spider webs were stretched across the ceiling, shelves and caskets with some plastic spiders hanging from them. One big mechanical spider looked as if it was weaving its web from the ceiling to the main counter as it went up and down the web slowly. On the counter were two large books, one indicated exterior decorations and the other interior decorations that could be ordered; items that were too big to be displayed in the shop.

''Welcome ladies!'' The attendant hissed through his fake vampire teeth. His skin was deadly white, his eyes white without a pupil and he had scars running over the right hand side of his face. His clothes must have once looks classy, maybe even royal but now they were ripped and stained with all sorts of liquids, mainly blood. ''How may I help you?''

''We just want to try out some costumes.'' Alexanne replied, tilting her head towards the racks of costumes.

''Feel free to browse. If you want to try anything on, let me know and I will open up a dressing casket for you. Worry not, no witch has cursed the casket and so you will emerge alive from it.'' he grinned and leaned against the counter as we walked by him. His eyes drifted to me and his grin turned into a smile that sent a wave of heat throughout my body.

''We should totally go to Peter's party as a group. You know, like wearing the same themed costumes?'' Brittany offered, coming out of a dressing room wearing a skimpy 'dead-cheerleader' outfit.

''Did I hear group theme costumes?'' The attendant's voice hissed directly behind me and I jumped in surprise, bumping into a rack of costumes and making a few costumes to fall off their hangers. He grabbed my shoulders to keep me from falling and then smiled that same smile as I quickly dropped to the ground to pick up the costumes before he could see the blush rising to my cheeks. ''I would totally see you girls as...'' I looked up as he gazed at each one of us: Alexanne and myself being nearly twins in looks with black hair and green eyes, Hayley the adorable redhead with brown-green eyes and a splattering of freckles on the bridge of her nose, Brittany the typical blue-eyed blonde and Tanya with her light chestnut curls and chocolate brown eyes. ''Monsters!'' he finally exclaimed turning around and disappearing into the store room before any of us had time to react.