Onto Us A Child Is Born

The thunder continues to be loud. Louder and louder by the minute. Here I am hiding in a bush. Inches and inches away from where they're hiding my brother, Ryan. He is the only family I have. The only hope and the only chance.

It was time to go after him. It was time for me to use my speed. I start running, running like I've never done before. Felt like time was moving slow. It felt peaceful. Next thing I know, I was in the Facility, there was no turning back. My mission was to get my brother and get the hell out of here. There was no sign or anything that anyone was around me. I was in the clear.

I was running down to every corridor looking for his cell. After searching for hours on end, I finally found it. He was just sitting there staring at nothing. I went on one knee. "It's okay I'm here. We're leaving right now." I stared right in his eyes, He looked genuinely horrified. This was the first time I've ever seen true horror in a three year old. I picked him up. He was freezing and it was in the middle of summer. It seemed like he hasn't eaten in days, in fact maybe weeks. He was so light it seemed as if was holding a 2 pound stick. All of the sudden, the alarm went off.

I run out of the corridor holding Ryan. As I turn to my left, a bunch of armed men were already standing a few feet away. I held onto the back of his neck so he wouldn't get whiplash when I ran. I decided to run to my right and there were even more guards standing a few feet away. We were surrounded. One of the guards yelled to put Ryan down and put my hands up. I was not going to let that happen. Not now, not ever. I looked around to see if there was any escape, until a wall started to open behind me. I was bemused to what I was seeing. A guy with big white glasses slowly came out walking. He had grey long hair and wore black gloves. I couldn't really tell how he looked like but at that moment in time I didn't need to. I knew who he was.

"Ah Will. I see you trying to take our projects. Isn't it funny how our own experiment is stealing our other experiment. Simply hilarious."

The animosity became higher and higher the more he talked. I wanted to fight him. He wasn't going to take Ryan even if i was dead or alive.

"Alrighty so let's cut the charade and just drop the boy. There will be no blood. In fact do you know how hard it is to clean blood? Believe me I tried. So instead of ending up like your parents, just surrender." I didn't know what to do. Then all of a sudden it hit me. if i can make my cells move fast enough maybe, just maybe, I could go through any solid subject. While they were waiting for me to put Ryan down, I started vibrating me and Ryan. When I was at the right speed. I ran as fast as I could into the wall that led outside. I ran all the way to the SUV I had parked by the gate. I put him up front and put his seatbelt on for him. I got in the driver's seat and stepped on the gas. As I was driving, I looked at Ryan. He had a confused look on his face. He didn't know how to react. As I kept looking at him the more I thought how much danger we both are in and how much guards are going to be looking for us. The more I thought about it the more upset I became. I decided it would be best if I gave him to someone. Someone that would look after him until he was old enough to look after himself.

"Ryan.." I said with a saddened tone. He looked up at me with concerning eyes. I think he probably knew what was going to eventually happen. "Ryan.. I need to go somewhere..okay? I promise you'll be safe." He looked at me with a somber look. Seeing him like that even broke me.

"Why?" He said. The first word I ever heard him say. And probably the last

"Because.. We just have to okay?" I kept looking out on the road. Looking for a Police Station so I can report him as a homeless child or something. The police definitely wouldn't contact the facility. The last thing they would think is that a child can be from from R.C.S. (Researching for Cures and Solutions.)

I parked the SUV near the sidewalk. The whole road and sidewalk was empty. Not a soul on site. I went on Ryan's side and unbuckled his seat belt. I carried him easily and crossed the lonely road. Once we got into the Police Station all the cops gave us confused looks. The station wasn't big like how the other town stations were. This one was probably the smallest in the whole state. There was only two cops at the front desk the rest were too busy looking as to why I was holding a small child. I went to the front desk and confronted one of the cops on the other side of the desk. He looked young. He was probably only five years older than me. I looked at his name tag it said "Officer Woods".

"I found this missing child on the street sleeping on a bench. He appeared to be homeless."

"I see" said Officer Woods. He didn't look like he believed it but he took it anyways.

"Just hand us the child and we'll handle it. Thank you for telling us"

I tried to hand him over but Ryan did not want to let go of me. He was doing everything he can not to lose his grip. He didn't want to lose the only person he knew. The only family he knew.

I lowered my voice as small as possible so that not even the officer can't hear.

"Ryan we have to do this. Please let go. I promise one day I'll see you again."

With that, he let go of me. He believed what I said. What I said was a promise. As the officer carried him into a backroom behind the desks, he gave me one more look and vanished the minute the door closed. That was the last time I seen him. Until now.