Prologue Part 2: 50 Years Later

Fifty years after Humanity was dissolved by the Council of Earth, their planet was in chaos. Their method of "exterminating" humans was by reversing their evolution. It began with their minds, complex equations and functions becoming more and more difficult to perform. Then, through new generations, spines were bent and bodies were hairier. 50 years later, all of humanity, what was once a highly cultured and intelligent society, had been boiled down to a few old remnants of high society, or Intelligents, with most of them having been killed by the less cultured generations, or Newbloods.

Most Intelligents had gathered into communities, in order to have a better chance of surviving. The biggest community was in the Empire State Building, where the most intelligent of the Intelligents were gathered. They were trying to come up with a solution to this unsolvable problem. Then, one day, a scientist named Melinda Featherweight made a discovery. They had managed to take cells from some newborn Newbloods (every new baby born was a Newblood, meaning that the Intelligents would eventually die off) that they could experiment on, and Melinda was mixing New cells with Intelligent ones. It was just one of many projects that the Empire State Community had running. She was looking through her microscope at a mixture of cells, and she added one more Intelligent cell, from her own skin. She watched as the mixture started mixing together and moving apart, mixing together and moving apart, again and again, until all movement stopped. Looking more closely, Dr. Featherweight noticed that these new cells were a complete mixture of Intelligent and Newblood. She recorded the ratio in her tablet (479 Newblood cells to 513 Intelligent cells) and went to the machine they had built in case of a breakthrough. She quickly entered the security code and the data, and started the process.

Melinda rushed into the elevator and slammed her hand onto the floor-level button. She had to let everyone know about this. She was anxiously staring at the floor indicator.
11
10
9
8
Boom
7
6
5
Boom
4
3
Boom
2
Boom
1
Ding!

As the elevator doors slid open, Dr. Featherweight's face was splattered with blood. She had come down to one of the most disturbing scenes she'd ever witnessed. And she'd witnessed a lot of disturbing scenes. Right as the doors opened, a Newblood ripped a security guard's head right off of its neck, cause the spray of blood that now peppered Melinda's cheeks. Panicking, she drew her pistol, driving several bullets into the apelike creature's skull.

Her shots were not heard over the commotion of three ongoing battle, so she kept on shooting. She managed to down 4 Newbloods, before her gun overheated. Just as she was blowing the smoke off of the barrel, she heard a terrible screech from a few metres behind her. She turned to see the ugly, hairy face of a Newblood, just before its jaws closed around her throat.