~Chapter 9~

Mairin's POV:
"CANCELED?!??"

I heard Grace and Steven scream.

I rubbed my eyes and I got out of bed, and walked upstairs to see what was going on.

"What's going on?" I asked, still rubbing my eyes.

"T-The Ball was canceled!" Grace said. I stood there. "What?! How?!" I couldn't help but smile.

"Seems that the bride loves someone else...." Grace looked at the letter. "Well....good for the bride" I said.

"Here's a list" Grace said and handed me my chores for the day. "Oh ok" I sighed and walked down to my room.

First I had to go to the market... .-. But then I realised Alain might be there!

~~~~~~

I walked down the crowed streets, it was packed.....probably because it was a Saturday and Saturdays are always busy.

I looked over and saw Alain!! He was sitting with Mal and Serena.

"Hi guys!" I ran over to them. "Hi Mairin!!" Mal hugged me. "Hey Mal!" I said. I looked over at Alain and Serena. They were eating some Cinnamon Rolls.

I must've been staring at Alain for awhile because he asked, "Do you wanna bite?"

I blushed "N-N- I-" "Cmon! It's good!!" He smiled.

That smile......it's cute.....so cute!!!

"A-A-Alright...." I said and bit off the edge on the Cinnamon Roll. "T-Thanks" I was blushing really hard. I could see faint pink on Alain's cheeks.

"AWWWWWWWW ALAIN AND MAIRIN ARE IN L-O-V-E!!!!!!" Mal shouted. "Shut Up Mal!!" Serena covered her mouth.

Alain and I looked at eachother, then blushed. "SEE? THEY LOVE EACHOTHER!!" Mal said "SHUT UP!!!" Serena, Alain, and I yelled.

I looked at my phone "I better get back to my errands...." I said. "Alright! We'll be here all day!" Serena said and got out her violin. Mal got out her silver flute.

"Bye! And thanks Alain" I said and walked off.

Alain's POV:
"She's so kind....." I whispered dreamily. "SEE??? THEY ARE IN LOVE!!! YOU TWO SHOULD BECOME A COUPLE!!!" Mal yelled.

"Mal. Please!" I spat. Mal frowned. "What? I think you two would be perfect for each other!"

"SO?! THAT DOSEN'T MEAN YOU NEED TO EMBARRASS ALAIN!!!!" Serena chimed in.

"I-I j-just want to help!!" Mal said and dropped her flute and started to run off. "Mal!! Wait!!" I called.

"I didn't mean for that to happen!" Serena said. "I know. Let's go find her, before she gets herself in trouble" I answered.

Soon Serena and I were pushing through a crowd, trying to find Mal.

I'm sorry Mal.....