Battle Plans

Hermione quickly gathered her books from the armchair near the fireplace and strode to the girls's dormitory. She was greeted by a younger red headed girl.

"Hey Ginny." Hermione sighed as she put her books in her trunk.

"What's up 'Mione?"

"Your brother is being a git and I can't let him continue to mock me. I've had enough of it."

"What did Ron do this time?  Do I need to hex him again?"

"It wasn't Ron this time, Fred is being plain irresponsible and completely immature and he will not listen to logic!" Hermione ranted as she sat down on Ginny's bed. "Wait... What do you mean 'again?'"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As for Fred, that's nothing new, you should be used to it, you have come to the Burrow for the past few years. This is nothing new."

Hermione sighed. "He turned me into a person sized canary in the common room after I threatened to write to your mother that they are testing their products on first years. I'm still coughing up feathers." As if to prove her point, she coughed a couple times and a feather came out of her mouth.

"And you're telling me this why?"

"I need a scheme to get back at him." Hermione stated simply.

"That I can help you with." Ginny had a glint in her eye. "The possibilities are endless! There's been a number of things I've wanted to get back at Fred for over the years, but if Mum heard about my plans, I'd be dead years ago!" Ginny suddenly trailed off. "Hermione... What about your Prefect badge? The twins are prank masters. Anything that would fool them would be completely against the rules. You'll lose your badge."

"Ginny, nobody knows the rules better than me. Reading Hogwarts: A History helps with that. I know the rules and I can find a loophole for all of them. Not to mention, my record is pretty clear, so if there is a minor infraction, I'll be able to get out out of it."

"Are you sure?" Ginny asked skeptically.

Hermione nodded. "Positive."

"Well, in that case, let's begin Operation Prank the Prankster."

**************************

Meanwhile, Fred and George sat in the boys dorms.

"Hey Gred?"

"Yes Forge?"

"Do you think I should be concerned about our little bird?"

"Not overly. I'm mean, what's the worst she can do? Tie your shoelaces together when you're not paying attention? Lock us out of the common room and then give us lines for not being in before curfew?"

"By herself I'm not that concerned, but she isn't called the brightest witch of her age for nothing. She'll get help."

"So Ickle Ronnikins is going to out think us? We almost convinced him to make an Unbreakable Vow. Knowing our dear brother, he'll forget he set up a prank and walk into it himself. No offence to our dear brother of course."

"Once again, she's a smart witch. She is going to enlist the likes someone with experience in pranking. Someone like our dear sister which we have taught everything we know to."

"Well, in that case, Freddie, you should be absolutely terrified."

"Thanks George."

"Any time Fred. Now, we should probably get some sleep. It's a Hogsmeade weekend tomorrow and I don't want to miss the carriage."

"Good night George."

"Good night Fred."

A/N: This chapter took me way longer to write than it should have. We haven't got much Fremione action going on yet, but it will take a bit to get there. Anyways, what do you think Hermione and Ginny are going to do? Don't forget to let me know what you thought in the comments and vote!

Until next time (hopefully soon),

TheMightyBookworm