My OTP

My name is Percy Jackson.  I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.

Hermione had read and reread this passage several times already, only to realize she hadn't taken any of it in. She was perched on one of the lower branches of the oak tree in the Weasley's backyard trying to read one of her favourite books, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, but, for the life of her, could not focus. Rather than absorbing the words, she found herself thinking about Percabeth, and the adventures they had together.  That was one thing that drove her insane about rereading her favourite books, being a huge fangirl, she never could quite reread it without getting distracted by her favourite ships.  She let out a groan of frustration, she really needed to focus.

"Everything alright there, love?  Book boy problems?" Fred Weasley asked, startling the girl, making her almost fall backwards.

"I got you," he said, as he caught her by the waist, helping her regain her balance, "You're good."

"You scared me!" Hermione playfully slapped him.

"Oh Granger, where's that Gryffindor courage?"  Fred teased, earning him an eye roll from the brunette. He suddenly noticed the cover of the book Hermione held in her hand.  "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief," he noted. "Why do you read those muggle books all of the time?  There's lots of good wizarding  books out there."

"They are more original. With the the wizarding stories, we know the limits to magic, but muggles don't. There are endless possibilities to what could happen. Like in this book, the Greek gods have children in modern times, obviously impossible, but thrilling to read. You can get so wrapped up in the characters, Percy and Annabeth's love story is one that will go down in history."

"So it's a romance book?"

Hermione laughed. "Anything can be a romance if you imagine hard enough."

"Even that one about the fight to the death you were telling me about?"  Fred asked.

"Yep, even that one. One major plot point is the love triangle."

"Muggles are kind of weird. Cool, but bloody weird. What couple do you like in that book?"

"My OTP i-"

"OTP?" Fred asked, puzzled.

"One true pairing," Hermione explained. "My OTP is Everlark."

"What now?"

"Everlark. You know, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games?"

"Oh. Do you know who I ship?"  he asked, smiling.

""Who?"

"Us. I ship us." Fred kissed her cheek.  With a big grin on his face, he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box. 

"Hermione Jean Granger, would you like to make my OTP cannon, and marry me?"

"Yes!  I love you so much!"  Hermione exclaimed excitedly as Fred slipped the ring on her finger.

"Fremione," he said smirking, "I like it." He planted a kiss on his fiancée's lips.

"Me too," Hermione smiled, and the pair walked hand in hand to the Burrow, anxious to tell the family of the news.

Every love story has a beginning, how they got together, who stole the first kiss, who fell first, and ours is no exception. Let's go back to the beginning, shall we?

A/N: Is it wrong to fangirl at your own story?  I'm not sure, but I am. This plot has been bouncing around in my head for some time now, and I think it turned out pretty cute!  Thanks to Reader212344 for the pairing suggestion, it was just what I needed to get the gears rolling. If you haven't already, check out my other stories Purple Penguin Pyjamas and Picture Perfect: A Harmione Story (sorry for the shameless self promotion).  Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and all of that good stuff. If you have a story suggestion, message me (private message or on my board) and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks for reading,

TheMightyBookworm