He frowns and his expression yells that there is something wrong. He looks down.
And suddenly his fist slaps the table and with double energy I stand, staring at him. Unable to understand any of his actions.

"His dad died when he was eight, Cera. He was lying to you." He replies still looking down as if trying to contain his temper.

At this my heart free falls in my stomach.

I knew there was something wrong, my subconscious snaps. I shut it down and again stare at Chris.

"I..I..don't get it.. Why will he lie to me?
And how do you have all this information in the first place?" I stutter.

I really couldn't understand why will he lie?

"After Aisha told me about the incident we went looking for Jay, it wasn't hard to find him.. Anyway he gave us all the information we required." He replied while giving his Sphinx like smile and then he looked at me.

I really don't know what thought was so amusing to him or why was he smiling, not that I am very interested in knowing that fact, but it rewarded him my 'what the hell' look.

"Well Cera, if there's something you wish to share then now is the perfect time."

His words bought back my chain of thoughts, Shay's sudden change in mood, his reaction to my haircut, me feeling paranoid, his reaction after the phone call, his possessiveness everything.

It didn't took me to be a rocket scientist to know that there is something seriously wrong with this guy. He is just not what he makes me see.

"Chris.. Yes, He.. Has been behaving very weird.. And firstly I totally ignored his odd behaviour but.. Well okay listen."

And just like that I explained him everything about his reaction to my haircut and then what he explained about his ex girlfriend and the next day about Shay styling my hair while being unpleased with my haircut and about the phone call.

"Great, now I'm happy Cera you decided to share yourself with me. Finally. Now finish your breakfast and change. We have to go somewhere." He replies while grabbing his bowl with a sudden enthusiasm- that I couldn't understand.

I didn't reply him, nor I asked him anymore question rather I just followed his instruction, as my mind was in no state to argue.

______________________________________

Note: This part is in flashback.

Chris p.o.v.✴

Thirty five. Thirty six. Thirty seven.
And I was about to go for my Thirty eight's push up when I heard my phone ring.

I quickly stood up grab my phone, while wiping away the sweat formed on my body with a towel, it was Aisha. A smile quickly played on my lips as I picked the call.

"Hey baby"

"Chris, where are you?"

"Hang on, everything okay babe?" I ask softly sensing her frustration.

"No. I mean yes.. But I have to talk about something important."

"Are you okay? You sound pissed.. Has any guy disturbed you?"

I can't imagine any guy irritating her. The thought merely brings all of my constricted rage to the surface. And I remember last time a guy who was trying to get on my nerve after he tried bullying my girl.
He didn't ended up well.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 14, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

TAMING LIFE |✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें