➳ 1

INCOMING CALL FROM BITCHBERRY

"Might I ask why you're calling me at three in the morning, Sprayberry?" Moony yawned as she sat upright in her bed, looking out the window situated right beside her. She'd always loved sleeping near her window, though she'd never known why. Luckily, her window was facing the back of the house, so on the nights where she forgot to close her curtains she didn't have to worry about anyone outside spying on her. It had always been a fear of hers.

"Because I couldn't sleep and you're always awake," She heard Dylan laugh on the other end, followed by the sound of shuffling as he, presumably, shifted into a more comfortable position. "Unless you were sleeping this time around,"

"I was sleeping," She responded bluntly, "But, I'm not any more. Thanks for that. Don't you have other friends that you can bother at this time?"

"Well, before Rory I used to call your sister at weird hours of the night because she was always awake or she was drunk and that just made me laugh," He responded, and Moony conjured up the image of him shrugging in her mind, lying horizontally across his bed as he spoke, like he so often did. She'd been spending more and more time with him lately, and he'd somehow slithered his way up the ranks from Cara's friend to one of her own.

"Ah, maybe I should invest in a child to get you to stop calling me, then," She chuckled, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"Don't act like our conversations aren't the highlight of your day,"

"Not at three a.m. they're not," She huffed, rolling her eyes despite him being unable to see her. "I'm not going to be able to sleep for ages now, so make yourself useful and take me to McDonald's,"

"I regret my decision to call you now," There was movement on the other line, followed my a string of muttered curse words, "I'll be there in twenty,"

"I knew you were good for something," She grinned, slipping out of her own bed.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you soon,"

"See you." And then she hung up, discarding her phone on her bed as she moved to grab a hoodie from her closet ― one that, strangely enough, belonged to Dylan. The pair had been spending a lot of time together lately, since Cara spent the majority of her time with Dylan or Paisley, and Paisley spent most of her time with Cara and Dylan or avoiding Tyler. They'd been hesitant to hang out alone at first, the two believing it'd be awkward since he was Cara's friend and she was Cara's sister, not friends to each other. But, it hadn't been. And now they were friends. Good friends, so much so that she trusted him to take her to McDonald's at three in the morning, on the mornings that he woke her up and called her without any other reason other than he couldn't get to sleep.

Moony made her way downstairs fifteen minutes later, pulling her hair back into a ponytail, and flopped onto the sofa, turning the TV on low volume to pass the time whilst she waited for Dylan. She didn't realise it then, but she'd come to look forward to their three a.m. adventures.

---