Books

Cordelia turns off the light in the kitchen before heading upstairs to her room. Om the way she checks each room to see if everyone was in bed. On her last stop, she notices that Misty's room is empty.

Cordelia wasn't surprised, Misty usually took a shower before going to sleep. So, she looks to the bathroom, and the door's open with no one inside. Delia set her cup of tea in her room before going back downstairs to find the missing witch.

She checks the bathroom down there before heading to the greenhouse. After entering, Cordelia sees the younger witch at the desk in the back hunched over a book. She walks over to the girl, and places here hand on Misty's shoulder.

"Jesus!" Misty yells as she jumps.

"I'm sorry, Misty. But, what are you doing down here so late?" The supreme asks.

"I-I uh—" she sighs and turns to face the older woman. "I've been lookin' for a spell."

"For what?"

"Please don't be upset with me..." the Cajun looks down.

"Misty, tell me. I won't be mad."

"I heard ya' talkin' to Myrtle the other day...y'all were talkin' 'bout how ya' couldn' have no baby." She pauses and looks up at the supreme. "I've been lookin' for something to help ya'."

"Misty," the woman sighs and sits down across from the necromancer. "I appreciate it a lot, but it's okay. I've realized that I'm not meant to have a child."

"But—"

"No, it's okay. Really."

"Miss Cordelia, I found somethin' that could work. I've been readin' up on it."

"Having a child by magic isn't the way." Delia counters.

"It ain't by magic, though. I read that some people have their babies carried by other women, because they can't do it themselves. Miss Cordelia, I want to hold ya' baby."

The older witch was shocked. She knew that they were close, but never this close. Cordelia couldn't ever imagine someone offering this to her.

"M-Misty...it's not that easy. We would have to go to a doctor, and a lot of other things."

"I know," the Cajun nods with a smile. "I've read 'bout it all. I know I've gotta see a doctor to see if I can. Then, they gotta take ya' eggs and do some stuff with a guy ya' choose to be the doner, then they put that in me, and I carry the lil' one for nine months!"

"You really did read all about it." Cordelia smiles at the effort Misty is putting forth. "Can we to talk more about this?"

"Course!" Misty smiles.

"Okay, it's late. Come on, let's get upstairs."